North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

IPCW Led Taillights

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:28 AM

IPCW Led Taillights

Has anyone in Md replaced there stock taillights with smoked ipcw led lights.I'd like to do it,but i'm not sure if its md legal to do.Any input would be helpful.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:23 PM

They are 50 state legal.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:02 PM

As Chad stated, they are legal:

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
From IPCW:

Our company’s core ethos is to make the best products on the market, period. In order to maintain the highest levels of quality, all of our light manufacturing is done in- house. Consequently, our parts look better, fit better, and our gaskets seal better. Another point that sets our lights apart is our compliance with FMVSS-108/DOT/SAE requirements. Simply put, if we would not install those lights on our own personal vehicles, we would never sell them. All in all, our lights are a superbly engineered product line that your car would be proud to wear.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:39 PM

Smile LED Tail Light's Legal or Not

Ok, I have then both my 06 2 LT and the 09 SS HHR. Back when they were first offered I had the same question so I stopped at the local State Police Barrics to ask ?? My answer was they are ok to use in all 50 states.
The officer even liked the fact there is now two tail lights on the back. He mentioned it would be nice to see a LED third break light as well ?? I have yet to find one that I can use ???

Happy Motoring
Old 01-06-2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06
Ok, I have then both my 06 2 LT and the 09 SS HHR. Back when they were first offered I had the same question so I stopped at the local State Police Barrics to ask ?? My answer was they are ok to use in all 50 states.
The officer even liked the fact there is now two tail lights on the back. He mentioned it would be nice to see a LED third break light as well ?? I have yet to find one that I can use ???

Happy Motoring
Around here it is legal as long as you can see the red brake lights from 500ft away.
And I tried switching out the third brakelight factory bulbs to LED bulbs, but they werent as bright and were too focused into round spots. If I ever get rid of my "HHR" brake light overlay, I might use them then.