North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

NJ Facts

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Brewer13
Hahahaha, NOICE!!! I also grew up in Ocean County(Bayville) to be exact, right across the bay from Seaside. One tidbit that I didn't see is that Jersey has been the "richest state" 3 years now, and one of the most populated despite being one of the smallest states. We get a bad rap(mainly from NYkers) though they spend more time here than their own state.. Go figure.
So true...we used to call the city people who came to the shore for the summer "Bennys" and to this day they still do...although I don't know how that came about.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 PM

Cool

People from South Jersey like to be different from North Jersey. We consider ourselves a seperate state then North Jersey. The rest of it is soooo true and if you don't live in Jersey then you don't understand.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by njhhr
People from South Jersey like to be different from North Jersey. We consider ourselves a seperate state then North Jersey.
Imagine how I feel. Fold a map of NJ in half, and I'm on the crease.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 PM

As someone born and raised in Cape May County and now living in Mercer County, Id be hard pressed to draw a line how to seperate this darn state.

I will say though, theres no place finer then south Jersey :)
Old 02-21-2007, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by HHR Forever
Jersey residents don't pump their own gas, the out-of-staters do. Thus another reason why they should stay, "out of state."
Wrong... no motorcycle rider that ain't on a scooter will allow anyone else to pump gas. I ride with the Red Knights and my friends in New Jersey are adamant about it. Too dangerous and the gas pump guys are in too big a hurry to care about dinging your tank. When the weather gets warmer, you'll see what I mean.
I don't know why you're getting defensive about this, you don't own New Jersey, so why does it bother you that bikers pump their own gas.
Living in Manhattan and now Delaware has taken me thru NJ many, many times on a bike, I have never, ever seen a biker allow anyone else to pump gas... just the way it is.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by njhhr
People from South Jersey like to be different from North Jersey. We consider ourselves a seperate state then North Jersey. The rest of it is soooo true and if you don't live in Jersey then you don't understand.
I unnerstand, you are right, and you're in the better half. Far less crowded, the people are friendlier, more laid back and they speak english in Southern Jersey.
Lot less crime too I may add.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by CameraCrew
Wrong... no motorcycle rider that ain't on a scooter will allow anyone else to pump gas. I ride with the Red Knights and my friends in New Jersey are adamant about it. Too dangerous and the gas pump guys are in too big a hurry to care about dinging your tank. When the weather gets warmer, you'll see what I mean.
I don't know why you're getting defensive about this, you don't own New Jersey, so why does it bother you that bikers pump their own gas.
Living in Manhattan and now Delaware has taken me thru NJ many, many times on a bike, I have never, ever seen a biker allow anyone else to pump gas... just the way it is.
Quote me where I got defensive.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:17 PM

born and raised in union co jersey is a place all its own
Old 02-23-2007, 06:04 AM

Try living near Jersey. I'm much closer to Jersey where I live in Staten Island then Brooklyn, NY.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyGrlAlways
born and raised in union co jersey is a place all its own
I agree