North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME
View Poll Results: Do you think we should?
Yes
70.59%
No
29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Spliting up the NE Region

Old 04-24-2006, 12:05 PM

Lightbulb Spliting up the NE Region

I think we should put MD, PA, DE, DC, VA and WV in its own section.

Call it something else. like Mid Atlantic Region or something....
Old 04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Banned

But PA is part of the tri-state area.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:14 PM

Thats fine....Im just referring to travel time/distance. Right now we have people in South VA wanting to meet with people in North MI....traveling like 1000 miles! :)

I think we should break down the regions to make regional meets a little easier.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:49 PM

I've also wondered how these state groupings came about. VA, for instance is not well grouped. The ones around the Great Lakes are NOT "Mid East".

Maybe split off New England states, NY, PA, NJ, for example, as Eastern, then MD, VA, WV and maybe NC as Mid Atlantic... etc.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:13 PM

Yeah, thats also good. Even though they are smaller states...they should be divided a little different.

MD, VA, DE, WV and maybe NC as Mid Atlantic is probably the best bet.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeR
I've also wondered how these state groupings came about. VA, for instance is not well grouped. The ones around the Great Lakes are NOT "Mid East".

Maybe split off New England states, NY, PA, NJ, for example, as Eastern, then MD, VA, WV and maybe NC as Mid Atlantic... etc.
That makes sense. How do I revote?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 PM

I agree with that. New England is Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island. Tri State is New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Atlantic is Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and so on. Actually, you may want to make New York a separate region on it's own so we can keep a better eye on Captain Howdy.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:20 PM

yeah I would put Mid-Atl as DE,MD,VA,DC,WV....

-wC
Old 04-24-2006, 06:45 PM

Guy's let’s talk about economics. Currently we have fewer than 900 members. Majority of those members do not post in the northeast section. Less then 900 members is our supply. The Demand is only those who have posted in the northeast section. Which is a small demand. I know it's not easy for JonyyB to add sections. Until there are more of a demand and more members then the northeast will remain as is. We are still small (micro). Once more people sign up and more people are part of the Northeast section. Then there will be a need.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Guy's let’s talk about economics. Currently we have fewer than 900 members. Majority of those members do not post in the northeast section. Less then 900 members is our supply. The Demand is only those who have posted in the northeast section. Which is a small demand. I know it's not easy for JonyyB to add sections. Until there are more of a demand and more members then the northeast will remain as is. We are still small (micro). Once more people sign up and more people are part of the Northeast section. Then there will be a need.
but further down the line it will get more difficult to realign the sections...as someone who went through a large one on ScionLife and it was difficult moving posts around...

-wC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spliting up the NE Region