North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Track Day in New Jersey with NASCAR Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:04 AM

Track Day in New Jersey with NASCAR Drivers

We are in the process of setting up as a vendor here. I have used the contact us function and am still waiting for a reply. I really do not want to let this track event slip by becuase as an enthusiast it is a really cool event that I would want toa ttend if I wasn't there on business.

The event has now been expanded to include Pedders HHR SS with pre-production Xa coilovers and a GM Stage II kit. We need a box stock HHR SS for the benchmark testing. The HHR owner that allows us to run a few laps with Stcay behind the wheel and a couple of passes on the skidpad will get the meet Stacy, get a picture, an autograpgh a t-shirt and in general have a great time.

The GM Stage II Turbo Kit goes on the 18th. We'll get a backstreet tune on the way to New Jersey and Deb will be the fastest Mom in the parking lot at Walden Green School.

Dan VanHorn, FlyByU has done a terrific job of putting this event together. Eric Hruza from Arrington has as well. The end result is an outstanding Event. This is not an ordinary track day. This is an EVENT. Pedders and Arrington are proud to support Dan as sponsors for this event. We are so excited about this event that we are bringing a couple of guests stars and cars.

Eric Hurza of Arrington will have his Arrington Powered 440 c.i. HEMI Pedderised 300C at the track.

I will be there with my Pedderised, ProCharged G8.

We are looking for a box stock 5.7L LX and / or box stock SRT8 as well as a box stock G8 GT and / or box stock G8 GXP. We want to do baseline skid pad tests on these vehicles as well as benchmark them on the track with 1 warm-up lap and 2 hot laps per vehicle. While Eric and I both consider ourselves to be hot-shoe drivers (NOT!) we have recruited a couple of professionals for this testing. You may already know that Buddy and Joey Arrington have a four decade long relationship with NASCAR. I cannot name the drivers names at this time, but you can safely conclude Dan's track day will have a couple of NASCAR drivers on hand.

If you can provide one of the stock vehicles I'll bet there is a photo opportunity at hand and maybe even a lap or two with a NASCAR Driver in the left seat and you in the passenger seat.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:06 AM

Rick Bottom, a custom builder that has been doing SEMA vehicles for many years will is planning to bring his Pedderised GSR equipped ProChaarged

for benchmarking too. Using professional drivers on the same skidpad and track surface will provide quality comparative numbers. We have some logistical challenges to address along with details regarding the drivers, NASCAR, team sponsors and driver sponsors. At this point I would say we are 80% there. We'll post final details as soon as we can.

Rick and I are just hoping not to be embarrassed by Arrington and their Good'ol Boys Gang from NASCAR. I wonder if they have a fix in for the results? We'll know if they run better times, because if they win it must be fixed. After All, they are all Good'Ol Boys and we are strangers with a car built in the land of OZ. Excuse me, for a moment I forgot it is bench marking and not racing!

Once again, we want to extend our thanks to Dan for doing an eXtremely professional job. Arrington and Pedders are really looking forward to this event with the LX community and a few Interlopers from brand X. Well Done Dan!

This event is open to all our Pedderised GTO and G8 owners. I am sure some of our other Dealers will attend as well. Dan for the LX community. Dan approached Eric and Eric approached me. They are doing all the heavy lifting. All I have to do is show up and not be embarrassed by the hot cars with good drivers.

To register for this event contact Dan via this email njtrackday@taggamers.com
Monday, March 30, 2009
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/tracks.html

Once again, we want to extend our thanks to Dan for doing an eXtremely professional job. Eric, What can I say -- Awesome Job!

What started out as a track day is now officially an event you don't want to miss. We are really looking forward to seeing Stacey Compton at the Pedders Benchmarking Session in New Jersey.

A Little About Stacy
Stacy was born and raised in the small community of Grit, Virginia. With all his travels while employed by NASCAR teams as well as the time spent away from home while working in the Charlotte, NC area, he never considered leaving the area where he grew up.

Stacy with daughter Olivia Stacy comes from a hardworking tradition of self-reliance and from a family that has worked in the automotive, real-estate and cattle businesses for many years in south-central Virginia. Staying true to his heritage Stacy continues to raise pure-breed Black Angus Cattle as a hobby just a few miles from the farm on which he grew up.

He graduated from Lynchburg Christian Academy (now Liberty Christian Academy) in 1985. Stacy later married Vickie Younger, a local girl that he has known all of his life. The couple now has two daughters, Olivia Grace, born December 7, 2004 and Isabella Reese, born June 3rd, 2007. Before Vickie became a full-time mother and wife she worked as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.

On his farm, Stacy raises quail and pheasants for release to help to replenish the local populations which have been all but eradicated through over hunting, fewer grain crops and loss of farm land. They also plant feeder crops for the deer, turkey and other wild life. Along with 150+ head of cattle, the Compton farm is home to 2 dogs, 2cats, a llama, a miniature donkey, 3 horses and the many ducks and geese that have taken up residence on the fish ponds.

Most evenings you will find the family riding around on a "gator" (that's an ATV folks...) watching the wildlife and teaching Olivia to appreciate and to respect the land that they call home. Sometimes you might even catch Stacy and Olivia fishing in one of the ponds or picking vegetables or berries in the garden they plant and tend as a family.

Stacy's Racing Career
Racing has been a lifelong passion for Stacy who first felt the need for speed as an 11 year old racing in the KART series. In 1987 at the age of 20 Stacy's NASCAR career began with his first appearance in the Winston Racing Series (Late Model Stock). Over the years Stacy has competed extensively in the Winston Cup Series (NEXTEL Cup), the Busch Series, and the Craftsman Truck Series - where he continues to race today.

Stacey is in car #59.

Broadcasting
Stacy on the set at ESPN Just this January Stacy signed a 3-year deal to work as "lead analyst" for ESPN. "It's a huge opportunity. Any time you can get in front of 275 million homes is pretty big. I wanted to get into the broadcasting end of it at some point. I didn't know I was going to be able to get into it this quick, but I'm pretty excited about it. It's an opportunity of a lifetime for me." He is a regular contributor to the ultra-popular sports news show SportsCenter, and shares his racing expertise on three racing-exclusive programs a week during the season. He and host Erik Kuselias do a Monday "NASCAR Now" program, and Compton appears on two Sunday "RaceDay" shows.

Spectators and Drivers are welcome at the Pedders Benchmarking and New Jersey Track Day session. You can register with Dan VanHorn.

To register for this event contact Dan via this email njtrackday@taggamers.com
Monday, March 30, 2009
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/tracks.html

Original Threads:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...hlight=vanhorn
http://lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=140614

Once again, we want to extend our thanks to Dan for doing an eXtremely professional job. Eric, What can I say -- Awesome Job!
Old 03-13-2009, 01:48 PM

Damn, when they build a track in Millville? Looks like a cool assembledge of people and autos. That's my past stomping grounds and I just drove up there a couple months back, but no inclination to do that again anytime soon. Looks to be a interesting time, and if I still lived there, I would gladly volunteer my ride for the cause.

Steve
Old 03-14-2009, 10:29 PM

I wish you still lived there too!

If hyou have not tracked your HHR you shbould. It is agreat handling car ghat cannot be fully appreciated with posted speed limits. It needs a track with long straights and tight turns.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 AM

Track Day DVD and TommyZ does Pedders G8

We still need an OE HHR or HHR SS for benchmark testing!!! If you are interested please email PGB@PeddersUSA.com

Pedders USA, LLC will provide a DVD to every Driver that is registered and paid. I have not discussed the detail of this with Dan, but we will need the snail mail address for everyone and would also like to get a digital still of each drive by their car with their name. We have to work out the logistics with Dan.

Pedders will bring a case of DV tape to the event. Anyone with a DV camera is welcome to grab a tape and shoot video during the day. Drop the tapes off with Pedders at the end of the day and we will use the extra camera work to create the best possible DVD. With around the track cameras, in car cameras and on car cameras we should have a great deal of interesting and diverse video.

The Pedders G8 paint work and body modifications are almost complete. The G8 will be looking really good for the event.

TommyZ has done a stellar job with the car. We should have the front spoiler ready for the 30th which will be the finishing touch. Check out the detail work. Cleaning up the headlight lenses doesn't seem like a big deal, but the result dramatic. Painting the OE kidney chrome body color is another detail that becomes a big deal. Eliminating the OE black plastic on the lower grilles makes a huge difference. The body color spoiler should put it over the top.

Don't forget your DV video camera!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
Damn, when they build a track in Millville? Looks like a cool assembledge of people and autos. That's my past stomping grounds and I just drove up there a couple months back, but no inclination to do that again anytime soon. Looks to be a interesting time, and if I still lived there, I would gladly volunteer my ride for the cause.

Steve
I visited the track last summer just before it was opened up. As a media member for Autoracing1.com, we were giving a tour of the facility. I was supposed to cover the ARCA race last September but was not able to attend. The facility is a sister to the Virginia International Raceway.

Here are pics I took at the time - they had not been able to get grass to grow yet so a lot of dirt had washed onto the track.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
I visited the track last summer just before it was opened up. As a media member for Autoracing1.com, we were giving a tour of the facility. I was supposed to cover the ARCA race last September but was not able to attend. The facility is a sister to the Virginia International Raceway.

Here are pics I took at the time - they had not been able to get grass to grow yet so a lot of dirt had washed onto the track.

You are welcome as our guest as a media member and certainly welcome with your HHR. Any chance you can join us?

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 03-19-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Removed pics from quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Justice Pete
You are welcome as our guest as a media member and certainly welcome with your HHR. Any chance you can join us?

Sorry - weekdays are bad for me - won't be able to get off from work.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:17 PM

Ive got a Cobalt with Pedders springs and am a tech 5 minutes from NJMP at a local dealership......perhaps Ill have to get the flu on the 30th.....whats the price of this event?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Maven
Ive got a Cobalt with Pedders springs and am a tech 5 minutes from NJMP at a local dealership......perhaps Ill have to get the flu on the 30th.....whats the price of this event?
$250 is the rate, but the OE HHR we use for the baseline comparison will get a discount, an autograph, a t-shirt...

Quick Reply: Track Day in New Jersey with NASCAR Drivers