North Pacific AK, WA, OR

NW Gettogether

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:03 PM

5 hour drive for a whopper? j/k, I will see what I can do.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by GhstRider
5 hour drive for a whopper? j/k, I will see what I can do.
a bit of a trip for a burger.... probly see ya there....another spring edition
Old 09-15-2006, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by REDFLYR
Ok... nobody wants to make a dicission or take charge. Soooo... 1st SAT in OCT 2006... Arlington, WA... Burger King (across the street from Safeway)... 12 oclock in the afternoon. meet for lunch exchange names and numbers... we (george, joan and sunny) will be in a 06 Victory Red HHR (of course) with a Whibey Cruzer plate on the rear bumper. See you there.
WOW Thats a heck of a first post !
I think we can make it. I'll have to check with the admiral
Thats Oct. 7,2006 right?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:07 AM

CLEANED UP VERSION OF EARLIER POST

If the 7th is the first SAT in OCT... Yes didn't want to have to look at calander... Joan & I are retired so we don't much care about dates and times

I picked Arlington because...

It is just a few miles off of I5

I thought that HHR owners between the greater VANCOUR area (Canada) and SeaTac area might try to make it

The Burger King there is a regular hangout for local area car clubs... so if no HHRs show up there might be some other cool cars there

If just a few people show up then the BK parking lot is big enough... if thousands (LOL) show, then the safeway across the street might be able to handle the overflow.

Anacortes is only about an hour drive for us

Ihe individual that has to drive 5 hours... I don't know that I would drive that far for a whopper either... but last month Joan, Sunny and I drove 1500 miles to see some really cool cars (and Jan and Dean)... I tell you what... you pick the next date and place and Joan, Sunny and I will make every effort to be there as long as I don't have to eat oysters.

As far as the "FIRST POST"... have belonged to serveral clubs and organizations over the yeara and have found... "IF YOUR NOT PART OF THE CURE... YOUR PART OF THE PROBLEM". beside I like most car people.

"THE CARS BRING US TOGETHER... THE PEOPLE KEEP US COMING BACK"

Last edited by REDFLYR; 09-16-2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:36 AM

Ihe individual that has to drive 5 hours... I don't know that I would drive that far for a whopper either... but last month Joan, Sunny and I drove 1500 miles to see some really cool cars (and Jan and Dean)... I tell you what... you pick the next date and place and Joan, Sunny and I will make every effort to be there as long as I don't have to eat oysters.
I don't like oysters either. , I would make the drive... but the ol' ball and chain isn't to fawn of the idea of meeting a bunch of strangers and talk about cars.

After some changes are made at my place of work. I will probably be able to make sometime. (co-worker is going on maternity leave, I HAVE to cover her shift, 4:45am to 1:30pm )
Old 09-21-2006, 05:05 AM

What does she think about senic drives... and meeting other women that don't talk cars? what part of Oregon are you from?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:23 PM

The scenic drive I don't think she wouldn't mind. Its the fact of going on a trip for 5 hours. Anyways I'm from portland, OR
Old 09-23-2006, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by GhstRider
The scenic drive I don't think she wouldn't mind. Its the fact of going on a trip for 5 hours. Anyways I'm from portland, OR
been to portaland raceway a couple of times for all british meets... was going to go to the all chevy show with our chevelle but fairgrounds wouldn't let Sunny in. there is a campground with a great country cafe 32 miles of the border
Old 10-02-2006, 01:36 AM

Bad news / Good news

Dang wouldn't you just know it, can't make it to Arlington on Saturday

The good news is we get to take the HHR to Long Beach for a family get- togeather.
Something about clam season. Ick.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:31 PM

Folks still planning on this for Saturday? I'm pretty sure I can make it.

John