Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

fantoms photoshop tutorial thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 08:37 PM

Lightbulb fantoms photoshop tutorial thread

like the title says, this shall henceforth be fantomfrekes tutorial thread. i figured with the newfound interest in all things photoshop, i would start a thread dedicated to it. if you would like to know how to do something specific, or just general pshop questions post em here. i'll answer (or im sure someone else will be happy to put in) and when i can, make a tutorial with pics for some of the questions.

so... who's first??
Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 PM

Great idea...I have been messing with the program and cant seem to get the colors right. Say when I pick a maroon type color it seems to show up hot pink or orange. How exactly do you work the colors to get the one that you want.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 PM

sometimes the color difference is in your monitor. usually the color difference happens when you select a color from from the foreground/background color selector on the bottom of the tools pallette

under the windows tab at the top open the color pallette. after you select the color that resembles what you want, you can fine tune it here

now this example is only good if you are trying to create the color for your paintbrush or fill bucket. if you are trying to modify an existing color (like when i changed ivtechs hhr to red, then to a blue convertible) you would do this under image/adjustments/color balance. because you are actually changing the colors of the image itself, not just a line.

lemme know if this helps, im not that good at explaining and i sometimes leave stuff out.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:15 PM

If you put all of your lessons as well as a bootleg copy of Photoshop on a CD and send it to 06, he'll probably be quiet............for 5 minutes or so.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:50 PM

LOL nice one firewatcher
Old 11-16-2006, 10:19 PM

I think I have an older version. I have Adobe photoshop 4.0. Well I still cant get it to work so I think its just time I throw in the towel until I can get a more updated version...
Old 11-16-2006, 10:32 PM

ahh, the pics i showed are from ps 7.0. i didnt get get started in pshop until 5.0 so i dont really know how to help ya... sorry, lol
Old 11-17-2006, 07:32 AM

It is time for you to upgrade. 5 was a good jump in features, and version 7 can be found on the net at a good price. There isn't much difference between 7 and the newest version, that I have noticed
Old 11-17-2006, 07:37 AM

This Is Why I Came To This Site. Thank You For Going Out Of Your Way And Spending Your Time To Help Us All. We Need More Of This Type Of Info. Great Job!
Old 11-17-2006, 04:26 PM

thanks man i'm not the best teacher in the world but i figure i can at least help point people in the right direction. and if i cant then im sure someone else on here could. i sorta do this for a living (broadcast news) so im pretty decent at it, but i dont know it all. there's 50 ways to do the same thing no matter what it is your tryin to do.

Quick Reply: fantoms photoshop tutorial thread