Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

Here's the scoop on posting multiple pictures in a post!

Old 01-26-2017, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member

Here's the scoop on posting multiple pictures in a post!

Ok, here's the scoop:

If you post pictures via the attachment feature, you will have very limited control over what the post will look like. You will not be able to move the pictures around into a different order, nor be able to intersperse text between the pictures. Your text will all appear at the top, and the pictures seem to show up in a semi-random order at the bottom of the post.

To properly create a post with text and pictures, one needs to:
- UPLOAD the pictures to your gallery,
- then create the post via the ADVANCED feature,
- inserting the text and the BB IMAGE code for each picture from the gallery details.

Note: one has to remove the "_thumb" from the BB Image reference, else your picture will just show as a thumbnail.

Oldblue: - I've taken the liberty of editing your first post in this thread using your pictures which I uploaded to my gallery, and deleted the two attachments. I'll also delete all the following posts from everyone to cleanup the thread.

Thanks all for the help in figuring this out, and helping confirm if pics were visible or not.

Cheers

Tom
Old 01-26-2017, 12:07 PM

But be very careful what you upload to your gallery, as there is no way to delete pics from the gallery(among other gallery issues). Someone really should fix the 'uploading pics' tutorial. Don't mean to hijack, this can be deleted if or when the tutorial and gallery get fixed.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Whopper, thanks for the help!
I believe the problem is that I just have my IPhone 6 now and have no problem with one picture at a time.
You did an awesome job fixing this thread up, I was gonna leave the picture of your pooch in as I wasn't the only one chasing rabbits!
At least the dog caught one!
Old 01-26-2017, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member

Wooooo!!! To delete a picture in your gallery, click on the one you want to delete, then WAYYYYY over to the right is a drop-down menu titled IMAGE TOOLS - click on it and select DELETE THIS IMAGE. - WHOOPS - Read a few posts down - this dropdown is only available to the moderators it seems

That will open up a new window asking you to click in the little square box, PLUS click the final confirmation below that - presto, your image is Goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited by whopper; 01-26-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:20 PM

Delete is not an option in the drop down menu.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Administrator

A new thread to help the photo challenged like me!
Old 01-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member

Oh, maybe it's just the mods that have that privilege????????? It's down near the bottom - ahhh it's under a sub-section called ADMIN OPTIONS, so it's probably just the mods that can remove it. Good catch!!!! Thanks

I guess one could use the Report to Moderator feature if it was important enough to get it removed - but man it would be time consuming.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:48 PM

It used to be in that drop down, part of edit image, I think. But now edit image just goes to a blank page. Probably just missing some code in the link. One concern is if the gallery gets full. How many pics are allowed?

When adding pics to my posts, I use the Direct Link Code: , then there's nothing to mess with(i.e. _thumb).
Old 01-26-2017, 01:41 PM
Technical Moderator

If you use the "Direct Link Code" just copy and paste into the "Insert Image" box, or paste it into your post and add the img and /img tags. You can use this method to insert any image from anywhere that has a URL (http://)

I was waiting to update the tut until things settle. I guess I'll do it sooner than latter.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:21 AM
Technical Moderator

It seems that I can't post with Firefox anymore.

The img tag is not parsed by the BBS software at all, I think it even gets deleted.

The BB code produces a thumbnail, that can be edited.

The Direct Link code produces a full size pic if you paste it into the add image box or manually add the img tags.

The edit link in the personal album view has a delete option.

The tags are evidently different and don't get parsed anymore.

I will try to rewrite the tut over the week end.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here's the scoop on posting multiple pictures in a post!