Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

My New 2006 HHR 1LT Sport Red Metallic HHR

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 PM

Smile My New 2006 HHR 1LT Sport Red Metallic HHR

I traded my 2003 Nissan Frontier in for my 2006 HHR 1LT Sport Red Metallic HHR with 2.4L, automatic trans and a Pioneer 7-speakers system with XM. I have hade the HHR for a month now and I love to drive it.

I do have a question that I could not find in the forums. I know that I have to wait up to sixty days for http://www.mygmlink.com to add my VIN number to there database. Did anyone have to wait longer than sixty days to enter there VIN ? The only thing I do not like is the front license plat holder.

This website has been a great help! I have found out some new things about my HHR and the TSB’s helped a lot to. THANKS

Old 07-08-2006, 08:54 PM

to chevyhhr.net...the best forum online for anything HHR.

That's a very nice HHR you have there and thanks for the pic.

In answer to your question about the VIN # at the GM page, I've been there several times over the last 4 or 5 months trying to get mine in with no luck either. Maybe someone who has gotten theirs into the system can enlighten us on how long it takes.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum and hearing more about your HHR and any mods you might have planned.

Please be sure to check out the sticky thread in the Problem/Service Issues forum regarding the loose fuses. Seems to be a pretty common thing on the HHR's.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
to chevyhhr.net...the best forum online for anything HHR.

That's a very nice HHR you have there and thanks for the pic.

In answer to your question about the VIN # at the GM page, I've been there several times over the last 4 or 5 months trying to get mine in with no luck either. Maybe someone who has gotten theirs into the system can enlighten us on how long it takes.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum and hearing more about your HHR and any mods you might have planned.

Please be sure to check out the sticky thread in the Problem/Service Issues forum regarding the loose fuses. Seems to be a pretty common thing on the HHR's.
I've done it. don't wait, for some reason they have to force enter it from thier end..
Old 07-08-2006, 09:08 PM

Send an email off to them, I think there is a link at th bottem. The system does not seem to update very fast. I emailed them and in about 24 hours it was in the system.

And congrads on your new HHR and Welcome to the site
Old 07-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Founding Member

Sweet looking HHR!

Thanks for the reminder about the VIN isssue at MyGMLink. I tried to add mine again and sent an e mail requesting they add it manually if it diden't take from entering it at their web site.

While there, I clicked the monthly checks we are suposed to do on our HHR's. I need do do these checks! I'm over due.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:12 AM

Welcome to the forum bigbear, and may I add GREAT COLOR! As far as the VIN registry, it only took them two weeks to have mine updated.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:28 AM

Have had mine 5 months, and still not in,(Pending)....I entered my Astro and it went in same day was about a year ago. Also, entered my wifes used 2003 Impala, and it won't accept it either. it has been pending since last year. Guess an e-mail must be in order to GM.....
Old 07-09-2006, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by bigbear2k
The only thing I do not like is the front license plat holder.

to the forum and congrats on your new , does Arkansas require a front plate?
Old 07-09-2006, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by bigbear2k
The only thing I do not like is the front license plat holder.
I located my HHR about 130~ miles away. When I called to inquire about it one of the questions I asked the dealership was if it had a front license plate bracket screwed into the plastic bumers. They said it didn't, so I told them I was on my way and not to put a front license plate on.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:54 AM

For Canadians

Originally Posted by SindyDix

Thanks for the reminder about the VIN isssue at MyGMLink. I tried to add mine again and sent an e mail requesting they add it manually if it diden't take from entering it at their web site.
https://apps.gmcanada.com/app/mygm/Logon.do

Quick Reply: My New 2006 HHR 1LT Sport Red Metallic HHR