Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

Steel Wheels for HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Question Steel Wheels for HHR SS

I'm sure this question hqas been asked many times before.....
I want to get snow tires for my '08 HHR SS. I'd like to get steel wheels to mount them to, but I've heard about a lot of restrictions with respect to clearing front rotors (I don't have Brembo brake pkg.) and front suspension bits.
Can anyone recommend a steel wheel/snow tire size that would get the job done?
Thanks!
John
Old 09-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Banned

My 16" wheels would be just what you need. and at $80 for the set, not including TPMS or tread, you get to have your pick of winter tires without disposal costs on old tread, and its easy as pie to have the tire store transfer and set up the TPMS in the steel rims.

Click here to see the thread and rim pictures.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 PM

The good Officer is right - 16" will go just fine (I have 16" Chrome Smoothies on my SS). Plus he has a great deal for you!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:33 PM

A perfect match.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Officer1151
My 16" wheels would be just what you need. and at $80 for the set, not including TPMS or tread, you get to have your pick of winter tires without disposal costs on old tread, and its easy as pie to have the tire store transfer and set up the TPMS in the steel rims.

Click here to see the thread and rim pictures.
Officer,

Looks like I may have missed this opportunity, and that these wheels have been sold.
If so, can you recommend where I might still look to get a pair of them, and what to ask for? Are these standard HHR steel wheels?

Thank you sir!

John
Old 09-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Banned

John,

Yes sir they are standard HHR steel wheels.

You might check out www.car-part.com and see if there is someone near you on there that you can buy fromfor a decent price.

Price wise I can't give you a price that's fair to market. I see some asking $50/rim w/ or w/o tires, and people like myself who price things to move, because we don't want them hanging around.

Also, you may check out your area junk yards and such for HHR's.. they most likely are fleet vehicles or wrecked HHR's in there and you could probably get the rims for cheap there too if they haven't been damaged.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Officer1151
John,

Yes sir they are standard HHR steel wheels.

You might check out www.car-part.com and see if there is someone near you on there that you can buy fromfor a decent price.

Price wise I can't give you a price that's fair to market. I see some asking $50/rim w/ or w/o tires, and people like myself who price things to move, because we don't want them hanging around.

Also, you may check out your area junk yards and such for HHR's.. they most likely are fleet vehicles or wrecked HHR's in there and you could probably get the rims for cheap there too if they haven't been damaged.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
Thank you, sie!