Plasti-Dip/Plasti-Dipping A sub-forum for the discussion of Plasti-Dip and its various uses.

Plasti Dip a whole car.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 PM

Plasti Dip a whole car.

I've heard of this stuff a few months ago and started to look more in to it. There are a few people that "dipped" there whole car. The best part about this is it can peel off, it's like spray on vinyl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNY9Dx617N8

http://www.dipyourcar.com/
Old 04-22-2012, 08:29 PM

I plasti-dipped my wheels. Love the stuff
Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 PM

I have plasti dipped my wheels and grill. I love using the stuff but wouldn't do my whole HHR. I just think it would be a waste of time and money. My luck I would get it all sprayed and then be at the supermarket and some one would hit my car with a shopping cart and it would start to peel.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:22 PM

I bought a can on Friday and used it over the weekend to paint the mesh for my 3-bar grill mod and I painted my chrome mirror caps. It all came out great but I used almost an entire can.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 PM

What ever happened to people taking the time and spending the money to do things properly, with quality products, workmanship and results?

I have been using this stuff for over 20 years as it was meant to be used and now this stuff is just another cheap excuse for people wanting to make changes to their car, but really shouldn't be touching them because they can't afford to do it the right way.

I have seen so much of this stuff, on cars over the last couple of years and it looks horrible. Just my opinion, but to each their own
Old 04-22-2012, 09:43 PM

That's it. I'm gonna plasti-dip my pants. I don't need no powdercoat workmanship.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rod Run
What ever happened to people taking the time and spending the money to do things properly, with quality products, workmanship and results?

I have been using this stuff for over 20 years as it was meant to be used and now this stuff is just another cheap excuse for people wanting to make changes to their car, but really shouldn't be touching them because they can't afford to do it the right way.

I have seen so much of this stuff, on cars over the last couple of years and it looks horrible. Just my opinion, but to each their own
For me plasti dipping my wheels made alot more since then having them powder coated black. I have cobalt ss wheels and I know if I ever got rid of them, they'd be easier to sell being silver. But its just like any other paint out there, the finished product depends on how you prep and paint it. It wasn't a matter of being able to afford to do it the right way as there is no written way of painting things the right that I have ever seen.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

If I plastic-dip my feet, I could save on socks..
Old 04-22-2012, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
If I plastic-dip my feet, I could save on socks..
If I plasti-dip my whole body, I could be a super-hero. Plasti-dip man!
Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Breadfan
If I plasti-dip my whole body, I could be a super-hero. Plasti-dip man!

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip a whole car.