Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

ac does not work ang guages on instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 11:41 AM

ac does not work ang guages on instrument cluster

2009 lt hhr stop the car for 10 min and cam
e back the car ac not working or temp. guages not working shows nothing funny thing is no codes came on
man this had the coldest ac and fluid anti freeze no signs or leaking is this a fuse ?? electrical??
Old 08-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member

Well, that took a bit to interpret

Anyways, when you say the temp gauge doesn't work, are you saying that the digital temp display just shows "-- --"?

If so, it is most likely the thermostat is stuck open causing it to not warm up fast enough - it will sometimes throw a CEL code of
P0128, but not always, and it also disables the A/C.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:03 PM

thanks for the reply on gauges
the ac does not work this happened at the same time the gauges stopped working
ok now would the ac stop working with a bad thermostat
Old 08-14-2018, 12:07 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by roadmap
2009 lt hhr stop the car for 10 min and cam
e back the car ac not working or temp. guages not working shows nothing funny thing is no codes came on
man this had the coldest ac and fluid anti freeze no signs or leaking is this a fuse ?? electrical??
Sorry. Not even sure what that means since AC function and antifreeze aren't really related. Maybe you meant freon ?
AND. Is this the same car you had the previous AC issues with ?
Old 08-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member

"ok now would the ac stop working with a bad thermostat "? - I gather you mean 'HOW would ' - trust me, that is just the way it works as per GM - I have no personal knowledge as to why they did it that way.

If you want to do some reading on it use the search tool at the top of the page and look for P0128 - it will give you a whole list of related threads and postings.

As per the numerous threads over the same issue with the thermostat and those same symptoms, the thermostat to get is a genuine AC Delco one:
Thermostat - (2006-2011 All Models)
ACDelco 131-158 GM P/N 12622410
Old 08-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

FMG - yeah I had trouble figuring out what the issue was etc, esp the reference to coldest ac and fluid antifreeze. Not sure what he was referring to there - maybe praising the fact that the A/C was super cold prior to this issue - the fluid antifreeze, well, I have no idea what that refers to. He is probably posting via a phone rather than a computer and spell check gets a bit lazy.

His previous thread and posts regarding the A/C and all the codes he was getting, were also hard to interpret, and people were asking him to be more careful on his posts and make them more understandable.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:15 PM
Technical Moderator

If we knew what the original language was maybe we could figure out what this is about by the grammar. I still don't know what the first thread was actually about.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member

Yeah it's a bit tough for sure - lets see if I can translate it:
"ac does not work ang guages on instrument cluster2009 lt hhr stop the car for 10 min and cam
man this had the coldest ac and fluid anti freeze no signs or leaking is this a fuse ?? electrical??"

ac and gauges on instrument cluster do not work 2009 lt hhr - If I stop the car for 10 min and come back, the ac does not work and the temp. gauges don't work either. It shows nothing else funny.
Also no Check engine light or codes generated.
Man this had the coldest ac before this problem. And I found that there no signs or leaking of the anti freeze.
Is this a fuse or electrical problem??
Old 08-14-2018, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member

Yes. I hate that new age language known as "Textanese". Why people can't just spell things out and use punctuation is beyond me. If you're on a car forum, looking for help, you would think you'd want your post to be clear and readable.

whopper. My hat's off to you for trying to deceipher that mess. Although something tells me the actual meaning of his post is slightly different.

RANT OVER !
Old 08-16-2018, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member

FMG - LOL, yeah I was bored - you know, us old guys have nothing better to do!

Quick Reply: ac does not work ang guages on instrument cluster