Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

doors randomly lock and unlock

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 05:00 PM

doors randomly lock and unlock

our 2011 doing same thing but door locks will randomly lock and unlock while car is running and has locked us out of it several times, but if you set the cruise it shifts fine like there is no issues. any ideas what i should do
Old 02-21-2021, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by tattoomark77
our 2011 doing same thing but door locks will randomly lock and unlock while car is running and has locked us out of it several times, but if you set the cruise it shifts fine like there is no issues. any ideas what i should do
How do you figure "same thing"? Please start a new thread stating your specifics and question in the appropriate forum section.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tattoomark77
Hmm. If you set the cruise then the transmission should not be shifting. And how do you get "locked" out while it's running ?
Maybe add a few better details and include the model (LS, LT, SS ) and engine size and we'll try and help you.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:56 PM

To avoid criticism, I moved the post myself. It had absolutely nothing in common with the thread it was posted in, I assume tatoomark77 just was looking at another thread.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Check loose wires at the TCM, battery volt could cause this also.
Your saying if the car is running to warm up, while you clear the windshield in your driveway, the door locks randomly lock?
Old 02-22-2021, 12:31 PM

Sorry, Wife posted original post while i was chasing our dog that my 2 year old let out the front door. I read in another forum about transmission not shifting properly,and if you set the cruise at 25mph then you can push the gas and it will shift through the gears properly then reset cruise at desired speed. crazy if ya ask me, but it works. Since this transmission thing has started the doors will also randomly lock and unlock while car is running. The doors usually lock when you put it in drive and unlock when you put it in park. The doors are now doing this at random, and some times 10 times in a row while driving. multiple times it has locked me out of car while warming it up in a.m. because ive been going out to warm it up because the weather has been single digits here for 3 weeks. twice this has happened while running into a station for smokes. now it has become habit to automatically roll the driver window partially down every time i get out of it so i at least dont get locked out. 2011 HHR LT 2.2 140,459miles
Old 02-22-2021, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Check the battery, have it load tested
Old 02-22-2021, 01:42 PM

Sounds like the shift lever is faulty to me. Probably the park neutral switch on the transmission out of adjustment maybe just loose.

One member narrowed his problem down to his kids playing with the fob. Another carried his fob separately in his pocket.

The cruise control will not lock in under 25 MPH, I got no idea what B.S. you have been reading. Since we don't know what "this transmission thing" is it is hard to tell.

Maybe it is just trying to tell you to quit smoking.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:03 AM

never said it locked under 25mph ^^^^^^..... if you lock it at 25 mph then just give it gas itll shift the gears properly, but if you dont do this it will not shift out of second gear and the rpms will run at 4000. .....if you dont set the cruise itll run in second gear no matter how fast you go 30mph,40mph,50mph,60mph.,etc..... till you set the cruise., then when you do set it, then it will shift and drop the rpms and run exacly as it should be
Old 02-23-2021, 01:05 AM

yes the doors will lock while its just sitting at idle

Quick Reply: doors randomly lock and unlock