Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   engine shutdown after coming to a stop (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/engine-shutdown-after-coming-stop-49443/)

tamu15 02-06-2014 10:10 PM

thanks to everyone that contributed, I don't mean to be vauge, I just don't know too much about cars. Can anyone provide a general price range for this to be fixed at the dealership and also replacing the breaks? thanks

firemangeorge 02-06-2014 10:30 PM

OK. I'll be the bad guy.

Since you didn't see it in post #4, it's spelled BRAKES......

Lucky 02-06-2014 11:20 PM

No problem 843de I can take it. Besides I figure with the lawyer thing incorrect wording would drive you crazy. :lol:

tamu15 02-06-2014 11:28 PM

soo...anyone know about the pricing of those brakes*

Lucky 02-06-2014 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by tamu15 (Post 735041)
soo...anyone know about the pricing of those brakes*

You may have to call around for prices. They all have different prices even at the dealer.

I would guess the better part of 400.00 depending what parts are needed

tamu15 02-06-2014 11:36 PM

sounds good, I appreciate the info.

843de 02-07-2014 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 735039)
No problem 843de I can take it. Besides I figure with the lawyer thing incorrect wording would drive you crazy. :lol:

Not as much as you might think, now the breaks/brakes deal is gonna put our beloved Moderator Don into the psych ward someday.

But back to "On Topic" tamu, I've had good luck and excellent service with Raybestos Heavy Duty pads, rotors, and shoes. They're also available repackaged as NAPA Heavy Duty brake components. Pricing is all over the place, and it's better to check on your area.

donbrew 02-07-2014 11:15 AM

"Words mean things". I wish I could get my wife to understand that when she mispronounces a word it does not mean what she meant it to.

Oldblue 02-07-2014 02:19 PM

Well I'm back from coffee break to talk about Spring Break when I replaced the HHR front disc brakes, I did the labor so $0.00 there and ordered the parts on line, rotors and ceramic pads where $183.00 with taxes and shipping in, so add in labor and there you have it $400.00 to $500.00 I still can't figure out 2 to 3 hundred dollars in labor!! I'm going for a rest break!! I know Tamu15 you're going to say, "Gimme a break about the brake thing" LOL, enough said.

And for the stalling issue, most likely a dirty throttle plate or a loose wiring connection at the throttle body or even at the APP connection to the throttle peddle it has been posted here before!

ChevroletCustomerService 02-08-2014 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by tamu15 (Post 734934)
Hey guys,

I just started to have this issue, when I come to a full stop when it is a little downhill, I can the breaks give a little and when I go to accelorate again it is like the engine is shutdown. I have to turn the car off and then turn it back on in order for it to work again. The breaks do lock up sometimes when I try to turn the car back on.

anyone have any insight?

Thanks

Hey tamu15,

I can understand the concern you may have with the hesitation in your engine that you are experiencing. I see you mentioned having the work completed at your local dealership. If you would like my support throughout the process, please feel free to reach out via PM with your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A.
Chevrolet Customer Care