Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

First stealer visit

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 10:57 AM

Unhappy First stealer visit

Well it finally happened, been raining steady the last day and a half and just for the heck of it checked the pasanger side floor and the carpet was wet so at luch time I ran up to the dealer and made an appointment. I will also have them check a small klunk int the front passanger side and try to get my discolored rear bowtie replaced. Wish me luck.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sunrise HHR
... and try to get my discolored rear bowtie replaced...
I try to like this car, it's got character, and all the features that were logical selections for me, but there are getting to be too many little issues. There's a 'click' in the steering, the headlining has developed a rattle, the seats have stains and I finally discovered what was happening with the drivability issues. When I bought the car, it seemed great to drive, the engine was smooth and quiet, and revved freely, the gearbox shifted smoothly. Then within a month, I had a car that had an engine that was lumpy, vibrated at idle, was noisy above 2500rpm, the gearshift was obstructive, and the engine revs holding up made smooth quick shifts impossible.Then it got to nearly 80F last week, and it's all good again. Near freezing the last couple of days, and it's a pig again. Doesn't GM do testing at extremes of climate? And to top it all, Chevrolet's logo is tarnishing, literally.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:52 PM

I just had my front and back bowtie replaced under warranty.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 AM

Wish me luck.
Good luck
Old 04-30-2008, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by mudd274
I just had my front and back bowtie replaced under warranty.
Mine are starting to look pretty bad. Did your dealer give you a hard time about replacing?
Old 04-30-2008, 07:59 AM

Issues

Won't know will be droping her off tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:59 AM

I think the dealerships are the biggest threat to GM's success. I know, they are independent companies but, really.

Two weeks ago I took my 2LT in for the headline recall and they also replaced my steering column because of the well known rattling issue. You would think the tech would have the basic common sense to re-align the steering wheel after replacing the column, but nope!

I get my car back and I notice the steering wheel is about 30 degrees off center to the left. I call, they say bring it back for an alignment at no cost to you. Well, I took in back, and now the wheel is centered and the service department is $150 light.

Yep, I billed them my time and mileage to return my car so they could complete the service. The service manager approved my bill and now I'm waiting for my check.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:49 PM

Well the stealer said my struts are leaking, they have to order. The rear bowtie they have to order. the a/c is said to be in spec but for the water leak they are saying since another dealer replace the fan motor that I have to schedule with them. Another day in paradise. Oh they did do the recall will keep in formed.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Founding Member

Well the stealer said my struts are leaking, they have to order. The rear bowtie they have to order. the a/c is said to be in spec but for the water leak they are saying since another dealer replace the fan motor that I have to schedule with them. Another day in paradise. Oh they did do the recall will keep in formed.
The part in blue is total BS! They just need to fix the leak. I would talk to the service manager. Sending you to the dealer that did the blower motor is just a cop out. Remind them that you will be getting a survey on the repairs and that you would like to give them favorable scores.....but.....
Old 05-01-2008, 08:18 PM

I will keep that in mind. Unfortunatly or fortunalty this is my firt time with a Chevy dealer. I'll tell you what it is not the same as a Subaru or Toyota dealer. They said that because the other dealer had a claim opened reguarding a water leak that they wereresponsible to do the repair. Should be interesting next week.

Quick Reply: First stealer visit