Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

flooded drivers floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:16 AM

flooded drivers floor

Last week when I pulled my mat out to clean I noticed my carpet was soaked. We have had some heavy rains this summer and I think it may have been leaking for a while and finally built up over the mat.

I called the dealer and asked if I dropped of the car if I could use a loaner like the salesman said I could. (I live about an hour and a half from the dealer) The service dept told me it shouldn't take long to check it out and to dry out the carpet. My thoughts was the carpet would have to come out and be dried and that would take days.

I decided to drop it off over the weekend and had my wife pick me up. I wasn't expecting much satisfaction when I called on Monday. I figured they would tell me they couldn't find any leak, that they extracted the water from the carpet and it should dry out in a few days but I could come and get it. Much to my surprise they told me they found a leak and had ordered me a new carpet and it should be in on Wednesday. I was shocked. I had been preparing myself for an argument about a wet carpet.

When I call Thursday they had gotten the carpet in but told me they had to order me a new radio. They said when they were pulling the vehicle out they noticed it wasn't working right. I was surprised at that because I had never had a problem. I'll explain my radio problem in another post.

When I find out where the leak was I will post it.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by JTinVT
Last week when I pulled my mat out to clean I noticed my carpet was soaked. We have had some heavy rains this summer and I think it may have been leaking for a while and finally built up over the mat.
Passenger side right?

Do a search...VERY common problem with the 2006's especially. So the dealer was very accommodating because you are the elventymillionth person to come in with the issue.

The sister of the lady who lives across the street from me has a 2006 that has been leaking from day one and the dealer in our area keeps giving her the run around.

When I went to the dealer last week to drop off my old power steering motor for my core return she was actually there. I walked up to her throwing her passenger side mat in front of their double doors in disgust. I have had problems with this dealer before and I don't go to them for service anymore, I actually asked her if she had thought about trying another one and ironically she said she hadn't.

I think people just expect their dealer to help them, but dealerships are like anything else. They are run by people. Some are nice and willing to work with you and some are just trying to save every buck they can.

Glad you had a better experience.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:58 PM

I had the driver side of my 08 SS floorboard get completely soaked to where it ended up going to the driver side rear passenger floor board as well. They determined our leak to be the drivers door area where the electrical harness attaches to the body. They used some kind of sealant on the harness and installed all new carpet. Haven't had a problem since
Old 08-22-2010, 11:08 AM

Do you know if this issue has been resolved in the newer cars? Like my 2010?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:22 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by Stryker
Passenger side right?

Do a search...VERY common problem with the 2006's especially. So the dealer was very accommodating because you are the elventymillionth person to come in with the issue.
As the title states........"FLOODED DRIVERS FLOOR".....

Completely separate issue from the common passenger side leak (butyl patch). The driver's side leak is generally associated w/ a grommet I believe.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:08 PM

There is a rubber boot that goes from the door frame to the door that houses the wire bundle and if that isn't seated properly at the door frame it could leak and flood the floor. I also believe that clogged drain tubes down through the A pillar can cause this if you have a sunroof.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member

cheep insurance is to wipe around the door boots with silicone 1, it's clear so you'll never see it. But that will seal that very well.. & can still be removed, if the need should ever arise..
Old 08-23-2010, 08:22 PM

I can see that they sealed the boot on the drivers side. I think I will wipe with silicone for al little extra protection as sleeper suggests. The boots are different styles for passenger and drives side. Is it less of a problem on the passenger side? Either way I'm going to seal both.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:55 PM

Mine flooded driver side too. Took 2 dealers to fix it but all good now.
It does look as if they sealed around that boot for wires.
Took dealer almost a week to fix it but its good now.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JTinVT
I can see that they sealed the boot on the drivers side. I think I will wipe with silicone for al little extra protection as sleeper suggests. The boots are different styles for passenger and drives side. Is it less of a problem on the passenger side? Either way I'm going to seal both.
I sealed all mine & it had no leak. Just cheap insurance imo..

Quick Reply: flooded drivers floor