Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

fuel gauge - died.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:21 AM

So maybe some bad gas or perhaps the wire or harness connection was faulty. Thus when you started to fool with the wires and cleaned them, perhaps the connection was established again and gave you the reading back. Either way I'm glad you got it working again. The last thing you need is more problems with your car, being that you haven't even fixed it from the crash of the drunk man.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:35 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Gas Man
The last thing you need is more problems with your car, being that you haven't even fixed it from the crash of the drunk man.
in Russia, saying: "The trouble comes alone. "
I hope the game "reanimate Level sensor" - this is the biggest problem in the near future. Strained economic situation.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:22 AM
geg

completion of an exciting epic "reanimate the level sensor".
Part of the latter - "Fuc**ng water."
On Saturday afternoon, my car simply fails to start.
Despite the warming! In Ekaterinburg, now -15C, the bright sun and the smell of spring.
I was very surprised because my Swift did not let me down even in the terrible cold.
Symptom: The starter is actively spinning crankshaft. Engine "seized", but the momentum does not develop. Stalled.
Diagnosis - fuel starvation or lack of electrical discharge. The most realistic - fuel starvation.
I started resuscitation. Ether, air filter, spark plugs, fuses, plugs of different sensors. Everything checked out. All cleared. 6 hours on the cold, dirty as hell, scratches on my fingers. The result - zero.
On Sunday morning I called the tow truck.
About the loading HHR on the evacuator can I write a funeral song. Stupid GM's designers forgot to make a towing loops. Or am I so stupid that I could not find them - looking for 2 years. New portion of the mud, snow by the collar and the new scratches on my fingers.
The car was taken to a repair station. Stood for 2 hours in the heat of the shop - the engine came to life. Professional diagnosis revealed water in the tank. Water freezes. The ice gradually clog fuel lines and fuel filter. At some point, the ice blocked the flow of fuel.
Treatment: removal of the fuel tank and fuel pump, water removal, purging, cleaning, drying, processing anticorrosive agents.
The cost of evacuation and treatment - 5000 rub. ($ 170).
Cause of the problem - theft and corruption. I have already told us that Russian businessmen are able to dilute the gasoline with water (despite the fact that it contradicts the laws of physics). Also - the natural condensation. The quality of gasoline is very bad. American cars are different from Russian and Japanese that do not know how to digest this ****. American manufacturer does not take into account the country where fake petrol diluted natural donkey urine.
I'm an optimist, I am pleased with what happened.
1. I got a new experience and knowledge.
2. God bless the Russian winter and General Frost. If it were not Russian cold, I never would have learned about water in my fuel tank. The water would have occurred in the fuel tank. Once she got to the engine and would have killed him.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by geg
completion of an exciting epic "reanimate the level sensor".
Part of the latter - "Fuc**ng water."
On Saturday afternoon, my car simply fails to start.
Despite the warming! In Ekaterinburg, now -15C, the bright sun and the smell of spring.
I was very surprised because my Swift did not let me down even in the terrible cold.
Symptom: The starter is actively spinning crankshaft. Engine "seized", but the momentum does not develop. Stalled.
Diagnosis - fuel starvation or lack of electrical discharge. The most realistic - fuel starvation.
I started resuscitation. Ether, air filter, spark plugs, fuses, plugs of different sensors. Everything checked out. All cleared. 6 hours on the cold, dirty as hell, scratches on my fingers. The result - zero.
On Sunday morning I called the tow truck.
About the loading HHR on the evacuator can I write a funeral song. Stupid GM's designers forgot to make a towing loops. Or am I so stupid that I could not find them - looking for 2 years. New portion of the mud, snow by the collar and the new scratches on my fingers.
The car was taken to a repair station. Stood for 2 hours in the heat of the shop - the engine came to life. Professional diagnosis revealed water in the tank. Water freezes. The ice gradually clog fuel lines and fuel filter. At some point, the ice blocked the flow of fuel.
Treatment: removal of the fuel tank and fuel pump, water removal, purging, cleaning, drying, processing anticorrosive agents.
The cost of evacuation and treatment - 5000 rub. ($ 170).
Cause of the problem - theft and corruption. I have already told us that Russian businessmen are able to dilute the gasoline with water (despite the fact that it contradicts the laws of physics). Also - the natural condensation. The quality of gasoline is very bad. American cars are different from Russian and Japanese that do not know how to digest this ****. American manufacturer does not take into account the country where fake petrol diluted natural donkey urine.
I'm an optimist, I am pleased with what happened.
1. I got a new experience and knowledge.
2. God bless the Russian winter and General Frost. If it were not Russian cold, I never would have learned about water in my fuel tank. The water would have occurred in the fuel tank. Once she got to the engine and would have killed him.
That sucks! I guess if I were you, I would try to buy gasoline only at stations that you trust or know to be quality gas stations. I think most Americans would cringe at the idea of gasoline diluted with water. Nothing but problems would come of it. How do the gas stations in Russia get away with it? It can't be legal, right? In America, I believe all the gas stations have to pass inspections. Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you can get it all fixed up and back to normal.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:18 AM
geg

Originally Posted by goetylsd
That sucks! I guess if I were you, I would try to buy gasoline only at stations that you trust or know to be quality gas stations. I think most Americans would cringe at the idea of gasoline diluted with water. Nothing but problems would come of it. How do the gas stations in Russia get away with it? It can't be legal, right? In America, I believe all the gas stations have to pass inspections. Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you can get it all fixed up and back to normal.
Like I said, cause - theft and corruption.
Is diluted with petrol - they steal the money. On your question "How do the gas stations in Russia get away with it?" answer - corruption. I'm not talking about the local crime, I'm talking about the corruption that permeates the entire country and the government. I'm talking about her comprehensive MAJESTY OF CORRUPTION.
The sale of gasoline warm hands all. From the operator stations to very influential people in government. Small golden brooks merged into Gold River. They flock to Moscow to form a giant ocean of money. Russian laws are drafted in such a way as to enrich themselves at the expense of trade in oil and gasoline. One experienced person told me - the average income of corrupt officials in the Russian government is 1000000 dollars a day. This is no joke.
On Friday, media reported - was dismissed FSB general Ushakov. The reason - a violation of ethics. Ushakov spent 1000000 dollars on the celebration of his birthday. Official income Gen. - 33000 dollars a year! FSB general - an important position. But in relation to officials Government RF - it is as a cleaner in relation to the manager of a supermarket.
Underline - no one checked his income, did not carry out an investigation, not a criminal case, not jailed. Its just been fired.
He was not punished for stealing. His was excommunicated from the bowl for the fact that he came out of the shadows and created a threat to "colleagues". That's what Russian corruption.
Have a car in Russia - is expensive. Once I figured - 5 types of direct taxes, there is still indirect taxes.