Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Fuel line body clips

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 05:44 PM

Ok guys. Thank you. Got Deep creep on everything for disassembly. Definitely needed help understanding this connector. Planned day to tackle this is Wednesday. Will hit it every day with the lube. Got the fuel line already and EVAP line coming in Tuesday. (Thought might as well do both because that line is obviously next to get a hole ) might get a few of those connectors in case I destroy it. Do my best to clean up that pin. Makes more sense now and very much appreciate your assistance! w00t
Old 07-08-2018, 06:19 PM

It's been a while since I fought with the fuel lines and those brackets, but if you look at the end of the red arrow in the photo below, you can see where the top half latches to the bottom half. There are protrusions above the brake lines that secure them in place that you'll have to deal with as you carefully swing open the bracket to free the fuel lines while leaving the bracket attached to the floor board.

Fuel and brake line bracket
Old 07-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Administrator

I managed to mangel one then figured out to move that clip at the end of that red arrow, then they popped and swing open
Old 07-09-2018, 07:29 AM

Nice picture of the "clip thingy"
Old 07-11-2018, 06:23 PM

Got it guys. Came apart pretty easy actually. Got a few new ones too because the fuel dripping on rubber made the rubber kind of mushy. Lol. Best way I could describe it. Thank for your help. Very much appreciated!

Now that dorman connector in the rear is my real problem. I cant seem to get that apart. Got everything else done. Guess I'll try in the morning. Real tired and that doesn't help. Plus all the smell of fuel.

I'm real surprised the car worked with such a leak.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Administrator

You have a fuel line release tool? For a 10 mm or 3/8 line. Squirt a touch of WD 40 in there to lube the o ring
Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 PM

Yup, I do. Several different kinds of those tools in fact. I had been lubing every joint and point for days before starting this project, as well as when inserting the tool. That line is so far gone to rust its unbelievable it carried fuel.

Stacey, my dealer parts guy, yeah that's his name, asked me if I wanted that nylon line too. I said no it looks good. I wished I had now.

I do have an AutoZone about a mile hike from me. Worse come to worse, a common Dorman connector and maybe nylon line splice or something. Not sure how that nylon shrink line works. Gonna do some research now. I'm beat as hell right now though. I start my work day at 01:00am. I have untill Saturday same time to get this all done.

Oh, btw, what did you guys use to glue that heat shield tubing back together? I took off only the one furthest forward. It was soaked in fuel and came apart pretty easy because of that. It's drying out now in my "shop". Damn, I'm kind of surprised it didn't catch on fire. Was a little worried when I was cutting the bolts to drop the muffler pipe. Saved that for end of day when "most of" the fuel vapor dissipated.

Double
Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 AM

Just to finish up. I added some pictures of the clip off and that rusty bolt stud. Not sure why I was so confused by that and thought that was gonna be the hard part. Ha!

Thanks for the answers. w00t! Over worked, tired, old, and in pain all the time doesn't help.

Got everything out and wow the line just broke apart like it was tin foil from where it leaked. I think one more day and it would be a molotov kocktail dispensing machine. Just the last thing is that Dorman nylon line connector. Damn. Its trouble. It's got give, but after a sandwich. Mmm. Priorities.
Attached Images    
Old 04-01-2019, 06:56 PM

This was handy to figure out to open these clips.

But how do you open the tabs on the long fuel line plastic fuel line protector??
I am trying not to disturb the lines to much but this plastic protector case is not making it easy.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:44 PM
Administrator

It’s hinged, find the clips in the one side release them, then gently pull down until it swings pen

Quick Reply: Fuel line body clips