Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

gallons of water in my HHR

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 PM

If anyone needs a copy of the TSB on this subject, PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:07 PM

Forgot you sent that to me.

Here is the file.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:10 PM

Sweet, now I don't have to send it to anyone. Just clicky the link and you have it.

Thanks for the link post.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV

Here is the file.
Right-click, Save As... added to my HHR folder on my drive (my info archive on HHR tech)
Old 09-08-2008, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV

Here is the file.
Thanks fo rthe file I will take it with me to the Dealer.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Founding Member

ccsubruce,

So do you have a sunroof?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
ccsubruce,

So do you have a sunroof?
Yep, he does.

Originally Posted by ccsubruce
I just looked. In opening the sunroof
Originally Posted by TomsHHR
If you have a sunroof check that the drain tubes are open and they direct the flow away from the compartment.
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Probably a clogged sunroof drain, if the car has a sunroof.

Definately sounds like a clogged drain.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 AM

Had the same thing happen. Driver side.

Here's what I found. Open the driver's door. There's a rubber boot on the wiring harness into the door. Check the flanged end where it goes to the body pillar. Mine had come loose there. Just firmly snapped in back into place. Never happened again.

Now drying the carpet... Not easy with that sponge-like padding. I got out all I could. Then put towells under it and kept switching them. Then put a bunch of spray paint lids under it to space it up and let air in. Did that for a few days to make sure it was completely dry. No smell. PITA, but it worked.

Good luck.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Took the car to my dealer today and they're insisting I leave the car for a day. The service writer with whom I spoke was mortified by the pictures I showed him, and he wants to take the time to go through the car. He told me he plans on discussing new carpet with anyone who will hear it, and also plans to have a tech go through everything he possibly can figure to see where that leak is.

I'm glad I use this dealership for service; they've been responsive to say the least. And they seem to be very honest with me about work, etc.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:30 PM

When it rains heavy, my rear seat belt/shoulder harness are wet from inside the panal. I originally thought it was leaking from a faulty bolt on my luggage rack, but I removed them and covered them with tape (until I can have it properly bodyworked) and am still having the problem.

I have a sunroof-perhaps I have a clogged drain? Where is it and how can I check?

I once had a very wet drivers side rear carpet. But my daughter said she may have spilled a bottle of water in the back seat. I have to check again next time it rains, but I do not believe the carpet is wet-just inside the panal where the seatbelts are.

Also, when I was working on the rear cargo area, I pulled apart the back panal by the spare tire, and a rag I keep next to the battery was damp.

Years ago, I had a lot of water around the front of the headliner under the sunroof but I believe the sunroof may not have been fully closed when I got out of the car. Now I make sure it is locked down before I turn off the engine and have never had water there again.

Quick Reply: gallons of water in my HHR