Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Grab Cup for HHR hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:22 AM

Grab Cup for HHR hatch?

I've heard that some have had problems with their grab cups coming off. HyperV and HHRCrafty were involved in a discussion with "another member" and I was just wondering if the "other member" remembered to unlock his vehicle before grabbing it. If in all wisdom, if the vehicle was still locked, wouldn't this cause the cup to come off. Some are not too intelligent if they didn't unlock the hatch first.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:26 AM

im still confused as to what a "grab cup" is
Old 12-04-2008, 07:30 AM

Ask KingFrog. He knows...everything
Old 12-04-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by halfpanel08
im still confused as to what a "grab cup" is
It's an athletic protection device for males.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:38 AM

ya'll were talkin about opening doors that werent unlocked... who does that?! lol im confused
Old 12-04-2008, 07:41 AM

I was referring to a closed thread. Sorry for the confusion.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/washington-post-bankruptcy-could-offer-gm-more-flexibility-19682/
Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 AM

I just looked at the last few posts in that heated debacle and I must say that I am an HHR owner that has lost his "grab cup" out of the rear hatch as well.

I believe what that poster was referring to, and what is in question here, is the same piece that came out on mine and has since been lost. The "grab cup" is the piece of plastic on the bottom edge of the rear hatch which allows you to put your hand inside and pull down to close the rear door.

Mine came out about a year ago I think. I don't remember exactly when I lost it but I assume it was one night when my girlfriend came to pick up me and my friends from a squash tournament after we drank too much. I think when we loaded our gear in the back I pulled to hard and the "cup" came out of its hole. I likely laughed it off at the time and threw it in the snow. I know have to put my hand into the empty hole, carefully, and hope to not get cut by the metal edge.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:28 AM

We do funny things when we stir the martini. Maybe someone else should have closed the hatch then you might still have a cup.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
I just looked at the last few posts in that heated debacle and I must say that I am an HHR owner that has lost his "grab cup" out of the rear hatch as well.

I believe what that poster was referring to, and what is in question here, is the same piece that came out on mine and has since been lost. The "grab cup" is the piece of plastic on the bottom edge of the rear hatch which allows you to put your hand inside and pull down to close the rear door.

Mine came out about a year ago I think. I don't remember exactly when I lost it but I assume it was one night when my girlfriend came to pick up me and my friends from a squash tournament after we drank too much. I think when we loaded our gear in the back I pulled to hard and the "cup" came out of its hole. I likely laughed it off at the time and threw it in the snow. I know have to put my hand into the empty hole, carefully, and hope to not get cut by the metal edge.
And obviously missed the point.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:47 AM

I have not had any problems with a cup, grab or the like?

Quick Reply: Grab Cup for HHR hatch?