Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

HELP! DIC out and fuel gauge reads empty

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:11 PM

Exclamation HELP! DIC out and fuel gauge reads empty

My wife just called returning from her lunch and said the driver information center is out (nothing displayed) and the fuel gauge reads empty. I put fuel in the HHR last night so I now it's full. What's the problem here? Does our '07 HHR w/ 17,000 miles need a reflash or does GM in general need a reflash?

I'm getting tired of the issues GM is throwing out to the consumers.

Any input would be appreciated.

Shannon
Old 08-07-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by 07_HHR
My wife just called returning from her lunch and said the driver information center is out (nothing displayed) and the fuel gauge reads empty. I put fuel in the HHR last night so I now it's full. What's the problem here? Does our '07 HHR w/ 17,000 miles need a reflash or does GM in general need a reflash?

I'm getting tired of the issues GM is throwing out to the consumers.

Any input would be appreciated.

Shannon
I am really not the guy to answer this question,
However....
My 1998 sonoma was broken into, and some idiot stole my stock double din radio. In the process they peeled back the fascia and ripped some wires to get it. My entire informatin center, speedo and fuel did not register anything. Sounds like an electrical problem...fuses? short?
Old 08-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Good thought Cleveland, I'll check the fuses when I get home this evening. I remember seeing a post by someone saying the fuses blew easily or something to that effect. I made an appointment for service at the dealership tomarrow but a blown fuse would be a lot easier to swallow than the dreaded electrical grimlins.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:26 PM

Yesterday evening after driving the HHR home I checked all the fuses and they all appeared to have been tight. Drove the HHR to the dealer and of course the instrument panel started to work again. Left the HHR at the dealer lastnight so they can look it over today and guess what?.......They didn't find anything wrong with the instrument panel. Service told me there were no updates for the instrument panel, so I'm back to square one.

I have installed white LED backup and license plate bulbs on the vehicle. Can something like this interfere with the electronics of the dash? I wouldn't think it would for the fact that their are some factory installed LED lights.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Shannon