Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

HELP! w/Fender & Running board adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:25 PM

HELP! w/Fender & Running board adjustments

Howdy, all: For any of you who can help with the following, I'd greatly appreciate it. Been a member here for several years, shortly after purchasing my '06 HHR 2LT in October '05:

Travelling down the freeway yesterday, I lost the outer layer of my front, driver's side tire - the entire belt just flew off, causing minor damage to my front left fender and driver's side running board. It's in the shop today getting new tires and an alignment, but I need y'all's help with the following:
- Where and how are the fender and running boards attached to the body? I'd like to try and adjust them back into place, if possible. I'm a bit handy with tools, but have never ventured into trying to fix auto body parts. More than anything, the fender and running board need to be tweaked back into place, but I'm at a loss as to how they are even attached.

THANKS MUCH in advance for your assistance - it is much appreciated.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:30 PM

if possible can you take pics of how far out of alignment ?

is the miss alightment on the fender at the top or bottom of the fender ?

as for the running boards i am not sure as my moms hhr does not have them
Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2006blkcobaltss/sc
if possible can you take pics of how far out of alignment ? is the miss alightment on the fender at the top or bottom of the fender ? as for the running boards i am not sure as my moms hhr does not have them
I'm getting it back today (I hope), and will post more info and pics, if possible. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:45 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Where and how are the fender and running boards attached to the body?
Theresa has got a couple of pics that show where the boards are attached in her write up on installing the boards...........

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/installing-running-boards-womans-viewpoint-5750/
Old 08-01-2009, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the tips so far, y'all - I got the Hispanic Hot Rod home yesterday, complete with new tires all the way around. I fiddled with the fender and the running board that had come loose, with the following results: I got the running board back in place, and the front left fender has also been put back in place. The only remaining issue is a slight gap between the front bumper, which wraps around and connects to the front left fender, and the front left fender itself. It's a minor gap, but a gap nonetheless - I took it all apart yesterday, but cannot seem to figure out how to fix this slight tweak, unfortunately. I shall keep trying -