Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

HHR power steering help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Unhappy HHR power steering help!!!

Hi everybody,
I recently have the power steering message and is very hard to steer my HHR, i have read some posts, does anyone have a solution for this issue?
I have seen 2 fuses for the EPS, could be the fuses?
Is there any solution for this? i have no warranty, It is hard to replace all the steering column? because I have the steering column noise too.... I have the understanding that power steering issue is diferent than steering column issue right? Or Are both problems related?
please help.

First the bushing noise, then the column steering noise, then the door locks, then the power steering, although I love this Car, I am getting disappointed of my HHR.

Does someone have had any response from NHTSA about the power steering defect because i have the understanding that it is the same as a G5?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2010, 08:33 PM

So much for electronic power steering. The current generation of cars are all electronic and not easily reparable by the shade tree mechanic. You need some sort of computer interface to see what is not working. Me, I'd bite the bullet and take it to the dealer.