Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

hmmmm noticed door isn't lined up...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 PM

hmmmm noticed door isn't lined up...

I noticed today that the rear drivers side door is not totally in line with the running board at the bottom...hopefully you can see from this pic....can this be fixed or adjusted? Would it be the door or board that would need to move...? The door and board line up perfectly on the other side...quirk or fixable?

Oh while we are on doors...has anyone else noticed that sometimes the rear doors will not close all the way unless they are given a certain amount of push? Noticed this on one rental I had but not on the other...front doors don't do it, close with minimal effort only rears will not close completely unless more force if given...ideas?

Name:  IMG_1438.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1405.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  53.2 KB

Goose
Old 05-23-2007, 09:38 PM

I have that door/running boards alignment issue on mine as well, but I installed them myself. I've tried to fix it but can't get it any better than it is now.

The only problem is that the mudguard on the front passenger does not fully conform to the body contour.

I find the problem with closing the back door only comes into play when someone on the other side of the car is closing the door at the same time.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 PM

Yep!
Your right I can see it, I hope you are taking it back for repairs.
Keep us Informed.

Z
Old 05-23-2007, 10:01 PM

Mine has the same problem and its just a fit and finnish problem. It is plastic attached to plastic and very hard to adjust. My boards seam to hang a little too low in the front. The dealer did lift them up a bit and redrilled the hole and added a larger washer. It's a little better now...but not perfect. There is just nothing there to adjust...
Old 05-24-2007, 12:06 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by Goose
Oh while we are on doors...has anyone else noticed that sometimes the rear doors will not close all the way unless they are given a certain amount of push? Noticed this on one rental I had but not on the other...front doors don't do it, close with minimal effort only rears will not close completely unless more force if given...ideas?
I have the same problem with the rear door on the passenger side of my HHR. I never really thought much about it 'til I read your post, but I also have this issue with this door only.
OH WELL! I LOVE MY HHR ANYWAY!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
I have the same problem with the rear door on the passenger side of my HHR. I never really thought much about it 'til I read your post, but I also have this issue with this door only.
OH WELL! I LOVE MY HHR ANYWAY!!!
I have the same problem with the rear passenger door also.... it is almost like there is a vacumn... on one occasion neither of the back doors closed properly, and I as usually had my head somewhere else and didn't notice this....needless to say Mr.C wasn't happy when he found them both ajar in the morning
Old 05-24-2007, 04:00 AM

Hmmm, Rarely use the back doors so I don't really know
Old 05-25-2007, 10:17 AM

Not exactly the same, but I had to have my doors adjusted (the body shop did it under warranty) because the the paint was starting to wear through along the inside trailing edge of the front door.
(They were in contact where the lip of the front door closes over the inset leading edge of the rear door.)
Anyhow.. I mention all that to just say that the body shop fixed it as part of the warranty, so if the dealer installed the running boards, they should line it up under the "Fit and Finish" warranty.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:02 AM

Mine are off a bit in the front. They were dealer installed a few months after I bought it. Not bad, but I notice it, and there is no adjustment.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Banned

Have the rear doors and latches adjusted at the dealer, forget about the front doors because no one will ever notice and the boards aren't adjustable anyway.

Quick Reply: hmmmm noticed door isn't lined up...