Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

I have problem with my driver's power seat toggles.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:39 AM

I have problem with my driver's power seat toggles.

Ok, I have a 2007 HHR. Its power seat toggles stopped working couple of months ago. It won't move the seat forward or backward, upward or downward. It really is a pain because it used to be my dad's car and he has longer legs than I do, and now I can't adjust the seat and my leg can barely reach the pedal. Is this an easy and cheap fix? or should I just buy a lumbar cushion to keep me closer to the pedal?
Old 05-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member

Basic first thought......no electrical. Connectors are under the seat. Make sure they are well connected.

Do you have capacity to check to see if power is TO the seats?

Are the fuses blown and/or secure?
Old 05-07-2015, 01:10 PM

Hello smileyfrowned,

I certainly understand the frustration of not being able to adjust your seat! This forum is a great resource for weighing your options. I wanted to reach out to let you know that if you choose to pursue this repair at your Chevy dealership, my team and I are happy to help schedule an appointment for you. If you decide to do so, just PM us with your VIN, current mileage, contact information, and preferred dealership. If you decide against, we certainly understand that as well.

Regards,

Amanda K.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Check the fuse panels for loose or blown fuses, I know this may seem obvious to some but it may not be to others!
Old 05-07-2015, 02:30 PM

there are repair manuals on line you can check also :)
Tim
Old 05-07-2015, 04:18 PM

Best way to diagnose it, is start with the basics. Check for power at the seat or switch, it there is power at the seat, it will most likely be the switch is gone. If you have no power at the seat, then go to the fuses. A test light or multimeter will be needed.

I'm going to guess it's a fuse or switch, seat motors are not commonly known to go bad, but never say never.

Good luck and keep us updated with questions or results, there are plenty of knowledgeable folks to help out here.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:43 PM

Thank you for your response, but how do I check to see if the seat has power or not? when I move the toggles, it just doesn't do a thing. There's no sound or anything.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

You need to use a test light, or a volt/ohmmeter - if you are unfamiliar with their use, it likely would be best to take it to a shop and let them work on it.

Did you check the fuses as previously suggested? There is one fuse panel in the passengers foot well (behind the kick panel on the center console), as well as a panel under the hood.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:17 AM

Digging this old thread up.

My power seat switch is failing. It takes several dozen attempts to engage to move the seat backwards only. Any other direction it is OK. How does that plastic piece come off the seat?
Old 09-26-2016, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by JimDaddyo
Digging this old thread up.

My power seat switch is failing. It takes several dozen attempts to engage to move the seat backwards only. Any other direction it is OK. How does that plastic piece come off the seat?
Pull the seat out. Its only 2 bolts in the back. Then you can flip the seat over and take a look at the wiring harnesses.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I have problem with my driver's power seat toggles.