Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

new blower motor not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Match the part number up , if you have heated seats it’s different then just the standard controls

https://www.ebay.com/b/A-C-Heater-Co...545/bn_1350238
Old 06-27-2018, 08:53 PM

Oops

Looks like it might be a wiring issue. Plugged the controller/knob back in, and it was blowing. Put it back in, and it stopped (multiple tries) . Wiggled the plug no studder

Wiggled the wires No studder.

Put it back in once again, and now it's working. Oh my

Originally Posted by Patrick Michaels
Oh, and to check if its the switch, pull it off, and you can directly connect the orange and black wires. That directly connects the blower motor. Also bypassing the resistor.

Looks like I get to search for a new heater control body
Old 07-15-2018, 02:26 PM

Just had to say thank you to those the posted. Like many of you I replaced the blower and resistor and still didnt work. Replaced the relay still didn't work. Saw someone else replaced the bcm3, I did the same now it's working. Great site / message board. Glad I found it.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, glad you found information to resolve the problem.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:31 PM

Hi guys, I have a 2009 HHR I am having a similar problems with my blower. I have replace the blower, resistors, fuses and tried a new dash controller panel and the relay but still not having any luck. Finally I decided to check from the relay output to the blower. I have continuity from the blower to the bottom left connector and I have power on the two right connectors. If I bypass the relay and feed power to he bottom left connector (output to blower) the blower starts up. I can also control the speed of the blower with the face switch. Could it be the BCM?
Old 07-18-2018, 07:53 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by perez08319
Hi guys, I have a 2009 HHR I am having a similar problems with my blower. I have replace the blower, resistors, fuses and tried a new dash controller panel and the relay but still not having any luck. Finally I decided to check from the relay output to the blower. I have continuity from the blower to the bottom left connector and I have power on the two right connectors. If I bypass the relay and feed power to he bottom left connector (output to blower) the blower starts up. I can also control the speed of the blower with the face switch. Could it be the BCM?
No. Have you looked at a schematic?
If your problem was similar to the OP the BCM3 fuse would fix it.
The pins on the relay have numbers on them, I have no clue what you are looking at.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:02 AM

Could someone please provide a link to a more legible version if this diagram? I would like to find this wiring diagram at a higher resolution image so that I can print it. The character are just pixels.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:19 PM

Check out this thread...

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/gene...o-power-57650/

Its got a little bit larger image of that diagram, as well as a crappy repair manual drawing of the path under the dash and x210/c210 jumper harness connector -- I could never find the s203 connector, but then, I did not fully tear out the mounting poles for the dash.
After all, I could not really tear out the BCM due to too many after market mods. (Heated seats, sun roof, and OnStar not using stock wiring WTF, its already there), but the BCM drawing is also included in the thread.

Instead, I ran a new fused 'always on' hot directly to the x210 jumper harness. I just have to remember to turn off the heater fan when I park. (I suppose I could add a relay, but for now, I'm just too tired!)

Originally Posted by Ethos Erlanger
Could someone please provide a link to a more legible version if this diagram? I would like to find this wiring diagram at a higher resolution image so that I can print it. The character are just pixels.
Old 01-02-2020, 01:34 PM
Technical Moderator

If supplying 12V at x210 fixes it AND the relay is good you found the broken wire. Between the relay 30 (on the BCM) and X210 OR the relay is not working for some reason.
s203 is on the ground side of the motor, so it is not suspect.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:21 AM

If I may...Id like to bring this thread back. 06 HHR. Blower motor replaced,resistor replaced,relay tested with a known working relay,13.60v to the blower motor plug,continuity to the ground,all known fuses that have anything thing to do with the hvac system and the bcm3 fuse...all good. Still no blower motor blowing! Help!!

Quick Reply: new blower motor not working