Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

New Owners Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
to chevyhhr.net...the best HHR forum on the internet.

Sorry to hear that your first post here had to be telling us about some uninsured dipstick rear ending your new car...that definitely is the pits.

I got a small dent in the hood of my Orange HHR after I had it a couple months and they had to repaint, restripe and clear coat the hood and the paint matched perfectly. I took it to a Chevrolet dealer, which cost me a little more than a couple of the very good body shops in town, but to me it was worth it...since it's a brand new car. I'm sure since you have worked with these folks before and have been pleased with their work, everything will be just fine. Sounds like you're in very capable hands.

BTW...I was in the insurance business for about 15 years and they will take care of you just like jayras stated. You'll be out your deductible for a bit, but at least your car will be repaired. I don't know what the laws are in your state, but you might check with your Motor Vehicle Department. Here in Colorado, we are required to file a report with them for every accident and if it is shown that you do not have insurance, your license is revoked and stays that way until you file an SR22. If you don't know anything about this, please let me know and I'll search for the information for you.
An adjuster from USAA is going to call me tomorrow with the specifics of my situation. They've got the details about the other driver. If I can get him to fork over the deductable I'll be satisfied.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:37 AM

That's terrific...sounds like you're in very capable hands on both ends. Well...except for the nitwit that hit you.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:21 AM

feel your pain

I too was riding the high of my new HHR, after scoring such a great deal with the 0% and all, and a day and a half later, I was rear ended too. Luckily, the young lady who hit me, was honest and quick in resolving the matter. I had it estimated, $940 incl. tax, and she paid me cash. The body shop I'm having it done at, does all of the body work for the dealership I purchased the car so I'm confident in their work. Sorry to hear about your dinger!!
Old 07-06-2006, 01:36 AM

some one hit our truck in a parking lot the first night we had it, we literaly drove it from the dealership to the grocery store. it was just a door scratch and cost us $740.00 to fix it ! and 2 weeks later someone dented our hood, beleived to be kids running by and jumping across it and the estimate is $450.00 to fix the dent or $550 to fix the dent and 2-tone the car, we havent fixed the hood dent yet cant decide what color would look good with sport red met. for the 2 tone.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:14 AM

Sorr to hear of your troubles. Just make sure that the body shop you use guarantees their work. Do some research on them before you hand their keys over.

cschhr06- Is that a Caliber in your Avatar??? I REALLY wanted one of those (I'm a Dodge guy), but I just didn't care for it as much as I was hoping I would.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:02 AM

I can feel your pain, when I got my HHR my other half got a new Silverado 4 door extra cab PU in Sport red. Yesterday we got up to find someone had keyed the whole left side of it. This is his first brand new vehicle and he is fit to be tied. Haven't even made the first payment yet.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:13 AM

Give a hug to that classic in your avatar. That would make ME feel better!

jerij
Old 07-06-2006, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by cpendlay
I can feel your pain, when I got my HHR my other half got a new Silverado 4 door extra cab PU in Sport red. Yesterday we got up to find someone had keyed the whole left side of it. This is his first brand new vehicle and he is fit to be tied. Haven't even made the first payment yet.
You know...some people just suck.

To the jealous lowlife who did this...
Don't let us catch you...cuz we're ready for you.

Sorry to hear about this...I'm sure he's fit to be tied...to say the least.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:37 PM

Well, it is obvious that the HHR's are "awesome" to look at. And in a likety-split, those folks behind you, oohhing and aahhhing at your beautiful slick looking HHR, return to earth from that dream daze, and BAMM...right into your rear bumper....

What a bummer.... I hate it when folks drive up real close behind me...
Old 07-06-2006, 09:36 PM

Yikes. Congrats on your new car, sorry about the accident. As a former resident of Fort Worth, I can totally see it happening, though!

Quick Reply: New Owners Nightmare