Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   No crank (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/no-crank-59830/)

lsassyw 01-12-2018 08:34 PM

No crank

2010 lt 2.2 Changed out engine fuse box Car started up no warning lights.
Got gas car started temp.gauge no working again.
Drove 1 mile home check engine light go's on pull up in front of house power steering light flash car shut down
leverything works but now no crank HELP

RJ_RS_SS_350 01-12-2018 08:56 PM

Hi sassy, :welcomewagon: to the forums!!

We're going to need more info here, like why you changed the fusebox, as well as some history on the car. Service performed recently, any damage done. You're also going to need to get the codes read, maybe you know someone with a code reader? Post up just the codes, not any descriptions, which can be misleading.

If I had to guess, I'd say you need to go over the work that was just done(fusebox) and look for anything loose or shorted wires.

whopper 01-12-2018 09:26 PM

Welcome.

When attempting to crank do you hear a clicking from the starter solenoid?

Oldblue 01-13-2018 07:22 AM

Welcome to the site, perhaps backtrack your work, a loose connection? Ground wire?
Bent pins in the fuse box.

lsassyw 01-15-2018 02:42 AM

Engine fuse box

2010 LT 2.2 head replace engine fuse box because it started out had to replace thermostat and then thermostat the other half was going to reset codes by disconnecting battery and I don't think you realize the battery was in trunk disconnect cables and loosen fuse box when he put it back together it was tight and he ended up cross threading the bolt closest to the firewall bolt wouldn't tighten so I had to replace and rewire new box car started up drove about 1/2 Mile for gas started back up but the temperature gauge didn't register again drove another mile while parking the car car died everything works interior lights and so on so now car won't start again

firemangeorge 01-15-2018 06:50 AM

Uhhh. You started another thread about this 3 days ago. Go back and check the helpful answers there.

P.S. Your post above is almost unreadable. Punctuation and complete sentences would help.

lsassyw 01-15-2018 07:18 AM

Fuse box

Originally Posted by firemangeorge (Post 836633)
Uhhh. You started another thread about this 3 days ago. Go back and check the helpful answers there.

P.S. Your post above is almost unreadable. Punctuation and complete sentences would help.

I appoligize I was in a hurry at work. I will make sure everything is typed correctly

Oldblue 01-15-2018 07:52 AM

So let’s just close this then .

lsassyw 03-20-2018 03:13 PM

Temp gauge not registering

I have changed the thermostat 3 times because thermostat was stuck open. The 3 time it worked for 2 weeks now it flatlined again but there is no check engine light on now what?

Greybeard999 03-20-2018 03:44 PM

What brand thermostat?