Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

no dash lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:12 PM

no dash lights?

I searched before posting, so I apologize if this has been discussed before.

Got in the car last night and something seemed strange. I finally realized that most of my dash lights weren't working! I had my gauges and all the radio lights, but no overhead blue light and no lights on the temp controls, steering wheel buttons, shifter, door lock buttons, or window buttons.

I pulled every single fuse today to make sure they were seated and functioning. Everything was fine. I'm thinking maybe a connector has come loose somewhere, but I'm a girl and I have no clue about that kind of stuff. Any ideas? I've driven out my warranty so I'd really like to avoid going to the dealer if I can.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Platinum Member

You did check BOTH fuse panels, right?

One under the hood...one on the console, passenger side.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:41 PM

Sure did. I'm a girl, not a stupid girl.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member

Please don't think I meant to embarass you. Many people did not know the HHR has 2 fuse panels. You would be surprised how many times that has resolved an issue.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brainless twit
Sure did. I'm a girl, not a stupid girl.
Then why the user name?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:50 PM

There`s no way that you could`ve turned the dash lights down with the dimmer by the emergency flashers, could it?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
There`s no way that you could`ve turned the dash lights down with the dimmer by the emergency flashers, could it?
I have mine on the lowest possible setting, and the dash is still lit up.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by Black Rose
I have mine on the lowest possible setting, and the dash is still lit up.
Same goes for mine. Dimmest setting and the dash and halo lights still come on.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 AM

It has been discussed here before, potential problems with Dash Lights, not real sure the outcome or if a definite fix was identified.

My dash lights, do change, intermitely, bright/low/on/off, but never has stuck just off.

Below is link to another discussion of issues with Dash lights, that may help:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/audio-video-17/dimmer-switch-5358/

Later,
Markiemark
Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by brainless twit
I searched before posting, so I apologize if this has been discussed before.

Got in the car last night and something seemed strange. I finally realized that most of my dash lights weren't working! I had my gauges and all the radio lights, but no overhead blue light and no lights on the temp controls, steering wheel buttons, shifter, door lock buttons, or window buttons.

I pulled every single fuse today to make sure they were seated and functioning. Everything was fine. I'm thinking maybe a connector has come loose somewhere, but I'm a girl and I have no clue about that kind of stuff. Any ideas? I've driven out my warranty so I'd really like to avoid going to the dealer if I can.
Are there any other non-functioning lights? I ask because I had a similar problem when I blew a fuse and, in addition to the interior lights you listed, none of the exterior parking lights/rear license plate light worked. Headlights and brake lights did work because they are on a separate circuit.

Issue I had on 11/1/06, after messing with the the electrical system:
I had a similar problem last night. I noticed no lights on steering wheel, HVAC, or the roof LED. Unfortunately, the tail lights and front parking lights were out too. Turns out I blew the parking light fuse (pleading the 5th on how ). It is fuse #69 (10 amp) under the hood. Once I replaced it all was well.

Just throwing it out there...

Edit- OOPS - I just pulled my old post from the thread that Markiemark referenced above...didn't realize it was the same one.

Quick Reply: no dash lights?