Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

No start..!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 07:31 PM

No start..!!

My 2007 panel was working great, drove home from work and when i went to go out the remote unlocked the car but when I tried to start it ....nothing..!!

The lights worked, the radio worked everything but no cranking.
I pulled the positive battery post and cleaned it ...just in case and when I tried to start again I still have no crank but I get a service air bag warning on my display.
I tried resetting the fuses and relay as that had happened before but no luck.
Is there a neutral safety switch ??? I tried starting in park and neutral but no luck.
I really don't want to tow it to the dealer..!

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Banned

It sounds like maybe your starter.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:53 PM

Do you have another key to try?
Old 10-13-2010, 07:59 PM

more info..

I just did some more checking and found that I don't have headlight or tail light, wipers don't work but when I click high beams the dash light works but no headlights.
I have tried two different keys and check the fuse panel and fuses under the hood, there is power to the panel and the headlight relays.

I should mention that I had it in the shop last week because the headlights would not turn off and they changed the light switch assembly but it has been working for almost a week now.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 PM

thanks for the suggestion but its really looking like a trip to the dealer, I only hope it is something related to the work they did last week cause its off warranty.
It was under warranty when I had them check the headlight problem but it took them 3 months to get the part and do the work..!!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:46 PM

It could be one of the relays like accessory power that isn't supplying power when the key is turned on. Most of the relays are the same so you could move them around to see if it changes anything. If you are familiar with relays, you could make a jumper lead to bypass the relay but you need to know which relay terminals do what.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member

I believe someone indicated that each headlight has a separate relay, as well as the wipers. So, I doubt if it's a relay problem, since it would be highly unlikely all relays "blew" at the same time (unless of course you have a separate electrical problem that caused it).

Maybe a loose connector from the previous dealer work???? BCM problem???
Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 PM

I did try swapping some relays around and no change so I hate to say it but its looking like a BCM problem.
I think that maybe the last problem with the headlights was likely a BCM problem but they changed the headlight switch.
The real kicker for me is the service airbag warning....smells like BCM to me..
Old 10-14-2010, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I believe someone indicated that each headlight has a separate relay, as well as the wipers. So, I doubt if it's a relay problem, since it would be highly unlikely all relays "blew" at the same time (unless of course you have a separate electrical problem that caused it).

Maybe a loose connector from the previous dealer work???? BCM problem???
My owners manual shows separate fuses for the left and right, high and low beam headlights but it only shows a relay for parking lights, not headlights.

There is a retained accessory power relay that allows you to listen to your radio and close the power windows after you have shut off the ignition for a set time or until you open the door. Since the radio doesn't work, the problem could be that relay which might supply the power to energize other relays. There is also a run, crank relay listed that could supply control power for other relays.

I'm still leaning toward a security system problem that prevents the key working.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks, Don..... because of limited knowledge, they were only guesses on my part.

Quick Reply: No start..!!