Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Rear Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:05 AM

Rear Vibration

I purchased my 09' HHR on Apr. 15 and during the test drive I noticed a slight vibration, I thought, was coming from the rear. I pointed that out during negotiations and they agreed to take a look at that but couldn't work it into the service dept. that day. I made an appointment for the following day and brought it back. I live an hour away from the dealership so I was anxious to get this resolved so I could begin enjoying my new car.

After about 3 hours the service guy tells me they've balanced all my tires and one barely will not balance so we'll replace that. Great! Well, driving home later that evening I could swear I still felt it. In the days ahead I continued to feel it more and more as it seemed to be getting more intense. I had a couple of friends/family drive it and they too felt it.

I took it back that Saturday the 24th and dropped it off and said to call whenever it was ready or if they had questions. Well, 5 hours later I call to check and they tell me it's ready... OK... thanks for letting me know. So I go pick it up and they say they couldn't find anything wrong but it would be best if I could bring it during the week for one of the main service guys to drive because they can diagnose vibrations and noises better than them. I explain my hour away and M-F work schedule but said I would work something out.

So, yesterday May 4, I was off so I took it up and they were swamped again and only taking oil changes in. I plead my case of just purchasing 2 weeks ago, living an hour away, and this is my 3rd trip here with the same issue. Could I leave it and you give me something to drive. So they provide me a rental and while I'm filling out the paper work the guy takes off to drive my HHR. He comes back in a few minutes and pulls the guy to the side and is talking to him. He comes back and says they'll do what they can but then again this may be the nature of the HHR's and how they drive. I doubt it but we'll wait and see.

Sorry to be so long winded but I'm frustrated and seriously considering returning the vehicle.

I've never experienced a vibration like this. Today it will do it... tomorrow it won't. Sometimes it's very vigorous and sometimes a faint shimmy. Naturally everytime I take it to the dealer it's not doing it that bad but when I get home the next few days are right back to bad again.

Am I insane?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
geg

Hi
If the transverse vibration - the problem of wheel hubs (I do not know the proper name of this part of the English language). Another may be to blame for bad fixed AXLE Assi.
If the vertical vibration - broken shock absorbers.
In any case, I suggest you replace the car. I have heard. that in America, the replacement vehicle is not a problem. Repairs are not very expensive, but the new car repair hurt.
The dealer gets a good lesson for the future.
Good luck.