Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Remote start inop on 2006 - auto trans (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/remote-start-inop-2006-auto-trans-51485/)

hhr06NJ 08-23-2014 06:48 AM

I'll try all this again today.

I meant i went thru the control panel and enabled everything before

Thanks!

donbrew 08-23-2014 09:51 AM

BTW, I said lock twice just to be sure, once is required whether the doors ate locked or not.

firemangeorge 08-23-2014 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by hhr06NJ (Post 756474)
I'll try all this again today.

I meant i went thru the control panel and enabled everything before

Thanks!

Are you saying remote start wasn't enabled before and now you have changed it to enabled ?

Sorry. But you really need to be more clear on the details. Saying "I'll try this again" (what is "this" ?) and "I went thru the controls on the steering wheel" without telling us what you saw or did, well it's very vague.
We're just trying to help, but coming back with "that didn't work either" is not going to help us help you.

hhr06NJ 08-23-2014 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge (Post 756490)
Are you saying remote start wasn't enabled before and now you have changed it to enabled ?

Sorry. But you really need to be more clear on the details. Saying "I'll try this again" (what is "this" ?) and "I went thru the controls on the steering wheel" without telling us what you saw or did, well it's very vague.
We're just trying to help, but coming back with "that didn't work either" is not going to help us help you.

the RS is enabled. it was enabled, i don't remember if I enabled it, but i went thru the owners manual 1st, and followed the instructions.

locked 2x, pressed button for 2 sec, 4 sec, 6 sec. parking lights come on, but no start; if parking lights come on, then i suppose the remote is working?

the ap3 code is on my glove box door

I'll check the hood latch connection, as i did not know that could be a factor.

what i am trying to say, is i tried much of what has been recommended, before i asked for help. AND i browsed many posts for insight. I appreciate any and all help. Believe me, my asking for help is LAST resort, as I think i tried most remedies.

the_shmoo 08-23-2014 10:23 PM

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 20-30 mins. to reset the BCM. Worked for me.
Hope this helps.

Lucky 08-23-2014 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by the_shmoo (Post 756511)
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 20-30 mins. to reset the BCM. Worked for me.
Hope this helps.

That's a good idea. It will also remove any pending codes that may disable the remote start. :thumb:

hhr06NJ 08-25-2014 11:56 AM

ah ha I will try the battery disconnect!

voigtsga 08-25-2014 09:58 PM

My remote start wouldn't work last winter. I ran into the problem that I had lock actuators that were not locking properly. The doors would lock, the pin would go down, but the car was not seeing the actuators as being in the locked position. It would take me 3 or 4 taps on the lock button on the FOB to get them all to lock. Ended up replacing the motors in the lock actuators (per thread in the how to section) and now the remote start works.

That is also the issue with the hood latch. Remote start will not work if the car thinks that the hood isn't latched or one of the doors isn't locked.