Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

remote start question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:41 AM

remote start question

Hi all, newbie here. I just bought an 06 HHR LS yesterday! I did a search and didn't see this addressed anywhere, so forgive me if I overlooked a sticky or something.

I only got one key fob with my HHR, and it doesn't have a button for remote start. However, I'm reading that most of the automatics are equipped for it. Is this just a matter of getting new fobs and having them programmed, or will I have to have something else done? This is a feature that I definitely want to use if it's available!

(Disclaimer: I am a girl, so please talk to me like I'm four. Thank you. )
Old 11-26-2006, 10:45 AM

First of all you should have been given two fobs. Secondly, I believe that all the automatics come with remote start. Your sales person should be able to get the correct fobs for you ( they may need to be programmed, and they will do it for you).
Old 11-26-2006, 10:51 AM

I was wondering about that also. I have the button on my remote but it took me a while to figure out what it was for. Do you think maybe my HHR came with it and then it was turned off or something by the last owner. I have had remote start on my past 2 vehicles due to the fact that I was stationed in North Dakota and it was a nice asset to have. Just wondering if its possible to just flip a switch and have it turned on. I am guessing that if the button is on the remote then it is prob hooked up somewhere within the vehicle.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:52 AM

If your ride is a manual, I don`t think you can remote start...
If it`s an automatic, You have the wrong fob. Go back and get the right ones (2). (Brainless Twit), john a basilio got in while I hunted and pecked.
PS. That was the best username you could come up with???
Old 11-26-2006, 10:53 AM

Hey Twit
to this site, I am glad that you purchased an HHr you will love this vehicle. I would take it back to the Dealership and tell the Saleman that you would like to have that item , They just might suprise you on what they can do for you.

:twothumbs
Old 11-26-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Z-Man
:twothumbs
Got enought smilies there Rudy??
Old 11-26-2006, 11:00 AM

if its an auto with the remote start its turned off by default at least mine was and had to be turned on in the dic before i left the dealer
Old 11-26-2006, 11:03 AM

Sorry to join in on the same question you had Twit but I was curious also. So what I am getting is I just have to take it back to the dealership and have then turn it on through the DIC.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by john_a_basilio
Sorry to join in on the same question you had Twit but I was curious also. So what I am getting is I just have to take it back to the dealership and have then turn it on through the DIC.
if you have the correct FOBs, you can go into the DIC yourself and turn it on... just check your owners manual under personilazation of DIC
Old 11-26-2006, 11:33 AM

If it was an auto and you bought it used, it may not have the remote start. The some of the rental fleets don't order with auto start. It's a special order deal with them.

Quick Reply: remote start question