Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Slow parts department

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 03:54 PM

Slow parts department

I am now in my 6th week of waiting for a set of molded mud flaps. This would be the same dealer who wants $105 for a steering wheel radio button cover and claims that this is the correct price. Any suggestions as to what I can do? I am really loosing patience with this dealers parts department. The sales experience was great and went without a hitch, even the ordering process (except that GM does not offer the 2.4 engine with a 5 speed outside of the 2LT and you cannot delete the rear windows in a tan interior equipped car). What has been the boards collective experience with GM Parts Direct?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:17 PM

Try having your sales person talk to parts about getting the mud flaps. Did you pre-pay for a special order?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:32 PM

I have used GM Parts Direct in the past and have had good results, however shipping tends to be pricey. But sometimes they are the only place to find "genuine" GM parts for my 20 year old cars, if I can find the correct part number.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:36 PM

This is where I bought mine. Fast shipping

http://chevroletpartspeople.com/Sear...+Splash+Guards
Old 01-10-2008, 06:17 PM

I've even seen a couple sets for sale on that popular auction site.
Looked clean, and were listed as "factory molded"

might be worth a search.

FWIW, my GF Brenda works shipping/receiving at a GM dealership. She has told me many-a times when GM drops the ball. Dealers place orders, and when they get "answer backs"(computer generated reply to availability for parts that were ordered) sometimes things come up as N/A or "out of stock"...I know...it seem to take FOREVER at GM.

The dealer always takes the blame...but they are at the mercy of the GM Parts Div.
unless they use one of the third party distributors...as listed above.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by jdmcomp
I am now in my 6th week of waiting for a set of molded mud flaps. This would be the same dealer who wants $105 for a steering wheel radio button cover and claims that this is the correct price. Any suggestions as to what I can do? I am really loosing patience with this dealers parts department. The sales experience was great and went without a hitch, even the ordering process (except that GM does not offer the 2.4 engine with a 5 speed outside of the 2LT and you cannot delete the rear windows in a tan interior equipped car). What has been the boards collective experience with GM Parts Direct?
What is the part number and I will check the availability. The only legit reason a part takes more then 5 days to get is that it is on National Backorder. Everyone should know that parts can be haggled over at GM dealers. Sometimes just telling them you are from "XYZ shop" will get you a wholesalers price. Also just an FYI GMpartsdirect is a Chevrolet Dealership in one of the Carolinas (I forget which one). They used to sell parts at GM COST but rip your head off on shipping and handling. They now appear to charge about 7% over GM cost and I don't know what their shipping and handling charges are now. If you have a large Chevrolet store near you, see if they will match their pricing.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:05 AM

BTW...at my GF's dealership that radio control button cover shows up for $29

what's the part number?
her part number is:
15234337 but that's for my 06 2LT...gray cover...and the part is in Aurora, Ill. and they only show 1.

if it helps, here's that dealer's phone number"
(630)898-4876 Ron Westphal Chevrolet.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:32 AM

There is also a company called Papco that many dealerships get their factory accessories from.

She found over 17 sets of mud flaps...molded, with the HHR logo on the rear set...they run about $101+ shipping + tax -retail.

she can order them for you wholesale if you have a resale license number for about $70+ shipping and tax...

just let me know.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 AM

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/chevy_h...0034C3128.aspx

$84.95 + shipping
Old 01-11-2008, 11:51 AM

I only paid $45 for my molded HHR splash guards at the dealership parts counter.

I don't know why you guys are having to pay so much for them.

Quick Reply: Slow parts department