Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Sun/Moon roof Wind Deflector removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 AM

Sun/Moon roof Wind Deflector removal

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...light=moonroof

Just happened to me this morning. Annoying but got it to close. Question is the wind deflector is not a big thing that I "Need" and for the rare times I even pop open the moon/sun roof all I see is where its attatched to the track and phillip head screws in the front.

Guess the big question is how to remove the non broken side from the track and anyone have issues with the screen not being there. Water or wind leakage when its closed??

I really dont care about the deflector itself, I drive with my T tops off all the time in the Trans Am so nothing new. Just wondering about removal and to be honest will probably never pay to get it fully replaced. At least most of the post I see showed a complete removal and replacement of the whole roof, if someone has links to show how to fix it without paying for a full replacement, let me know but otherwise I want the deflector off.

So if anyone has some pointers or tips, pls feel free to share.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

a quick scroll through the "how to guide" shows a number of remedies for removal and replace including a stick on wind deflector on the roof, which is what I did. black plastic wind deflector was aout $35. good luck with it
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM

Feeling stupid,

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/sunroof-quick-fix-those-without-warranty-coverage-11629/

I was not thinking it happend all that often so I searched here, perfect. thanks!