Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Sunroof drain hose missing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 02:43 PM

Sunroof drain hose missing?

Hi everyone!

After many searches through the forums I determined that the front driver side leak I've been having is most likely a problem with the sunroof drains.

I pulled down the headliner and felt vindicated when I saw that the drain had indeed popped off and was just emptying into the headliner.

...and then was completely baffled when I looked for the hose to reatt​ach. There isn't one. It's not there. It's not at the top near the sunroof, it's not running behind the front windshield support trim, it's not attached to the door grommet. It's entirely absent.

I pulled everything off the passenger side to make sure- on that side it's still attached, everything is there where I expect it to be.

I'm not exactly sure what my question even is besides "what gives??" Has anyone else found this? Is it easy to install a new hose? Can I just plug that drain and hope the other three can keep up? ​​​​​

Water poured into the sunroof gutter flows out here.

Where the hose *should* be

​​​​​​
Passenger side is all up to snuff.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:37 PM
Technical Moderator

My guess is that the car had a pretty major accident and the body shop forgot about it. You might want to check the rear drains.

The parts may still be available. I would think just attaching and routing the right sized tube would be an improvement.

Part number 22709957. I don't see it available. Junkyards maybe.

I really hate saying this: from here it looks like a different color paint on the windshield support. Maybe a rollover repair.

Last edited by donbrew; 10-06-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Administrator

I suggest a new hose of appropriate size.

Heres a picture of placement in the right side

Old 10-06-2018, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member

X2 on the new hose. You can get bulk tubing at just about any hardware store for a few dollars. Take a look and see if grommet #3 is there. If so, it may be as simple as just connecting the new tubing on both ends.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the helpful responses everyone! I did actually have some body work done on that corner (got hit in a parking lot about two months after I bought it) so it would make sense that it walked off around then.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:19 PM

HEY!!!! check back on the repairs you got, they may have given a warranty on the repairs for the life of the vehicle.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by aradmahogany
HEY!!!! check back on the repairs you got, they may have given a warranty on the repairs for the life of the vehicle.
His car was in an accident, no warranty from dealer with this. Yes the body shop should back up their mistake.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Technical Moderator

Every time I have had an insurance claim the repair was guaranteed.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Every time I have had an insurance claim the repair was guaranteed.
Greggs whole rear end is "warrantied for life" including the exhaust system from when I was rear ended. Normally if you bring it to one of the insurances "approved repair shops" they will give you a lifetime warranty for as long as YOU own the vehicle, assuming you will get rid of it soon. Id just check with them before anything else.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:51 AM
Platinum Member

Since the OP already had the car torn apart, looking for the leak, just seems it would be easier to replace that missing hose themselves.

Quick Reply: Sunroof drain hose missing?