Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Sync tire pressure system

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 03:48 PM

Sync tire pressure system

Hi;
I have looked at the links with no success. 2010 HHR. I have a sync pressure monitors (Yeah, I know I'm not saying it right) notification every time I start the car. If I scroll through the options, sync isn't one of them. I found an online video how to. It said to turn on the ignition but not start the car, set the parking brake, and press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for five seconds and the horn will beep twice. It worked on the video. Doesn't work for me. No beep - even with a thirty second hold. My intention was to use the let air out of the tire method to set each tire, but I do have two monitor tools that have worked successfully for me in the past on other cars. My dilemma is that I can't get the thing to go into reset mode. Is there a way to get it into reset mode using the steering wheel controls? Using the remote? Bigger hammer? Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
Rich
Old 04-08-2023, 05:01 PM
Administrator

It’s in the owners manual, possibly the sensor batteries are dead.
https://www.chevrolet.com/support/ve...manuals-guides
Old 04-08-2023, 06:07 PM

Hi.
Yes in the manual on page 6-68 of the 2010 manual.
Even if the sensors are dead the horn should beep. However, I just replaced two of them. Two show pressures of the tires and I replaced the ones that didn't.
The problem is that the car won't go into sync mode.
Thanks.
Rich
Old 04-08-2023, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Try a battery lobotomy, disconnect the negative cable at the battery for a few minutes, this will reboot the computers and possibly get the RCDLR working again.
Old 04-08-2023, 08:18 PM

I'll try the battery disconnect and let you know.
Thanks for your advice.
Rich
Old 04-09-2023, 07:31 AM

When they where replaced were the tire positions reset? On 2010 models you need the "special tool", EL50448 or OEC-T5 there are several different company names now and they are usually under $10. That should be in your 2010 Owner Manual but it changed in mid production, some do some don't.

You get the car in learn mode the same with the fob, no fob no can do. The parking brake is not necessary unless you don't have insurance, The key needs to be in RUN not ACC, engine off. The trans in park. Some people have a hard time finding the difference between RUN and ACC; I know one that could not find ACC for 5 years.

If this was a 2008, there is a problem with the firmware in the RCDLR.
Old 04-09-2023, 07:44 AM
Administrator

The owners manual states to set the parking brake, and it’s a 2010, so it should work with the same method he used before, it’s just that he can’t get into learn mode.

Increase or decrease air pressure to relearn sensor
Old 04-09-2023, 09:01 AM

Gotta ask, does the horn work?
Old 04-09-2023, 09:43 AM

Hi;
Thanks for the response. I do have the tool.
I am not making the problem clear I guess. I cannot get the car into reset mode. I cannot get it to make the two beep signal so I can go from there.
Won't go into reset mode. Pressing the lock and unlock buttons at the same time has no effect.
Unless.....what you are saying is that there is a special tool to get it to go into reset mode. Is that what you are saying?
Rich
Old 04-09-2023, 12:54 PM

No, the El-50448 only works the tire sensors. The fob is the only way to get into reset mode.

The Owner Manual states "set the parking brake" for liability reasons; they don't want to pay damages from idiots running the car into the garage wall. Not necessary for TPMS reset. I have done it dozens of times without the parking brake.

The important parts are "key on RUN, engine off" and "lock + unlock at the same time on the fob"
Do the doors lock and unlock with the fob? Remote start? Check fuse #23 (RDO) on the BCM.
Does ACC position work? Should not be the problem but, has the battery died or been disconnected since the last time it worked?
Does the horn work, does the driver side turn signal light up?

Quick Reply: Sync tire pressure system