Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Water on the Floor !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 11:29 PM

Water on the Floor !!!!!!!

06 LT 5 Speed...........

After sitting in the Rain For a While........I got about an Inch of Water on My Passenger Side Floorboard

Upon Further investigation..........The Water is coming from some where Underneath the Dash............Drip Drip Drip

???????????????

Last edited by Bosshound; 02-18-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Don't Know !!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 PM

Do a search for water leak. Others have had this same problem.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:45 AM

hhr has multiple causes for leaks

i still haven't fixed mine . my my local dealer/service manager promised he will fix. a member here -chevymngr- sent me all the gm service bullitens about the leaks. i think they are posted here somewhere. your dealer should fix , without problems. since it is a well documented problem.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:48 AM

Can we say, "class action lawsuit?" Only problem is, they won't acknowledge that until the car is WAYYY to old and out of warranty.... like my Lumina. The intake gasket went out TWICE on it, and then they do a CAL....but of course my car is too old! And the paint peeled off of that car, yet again...too old.

Times like that, makes me hope they go under...lol
Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 AM

if its comin from under the dash it has to be the gasket under the cowl cover. if it is make sure they replace it not just repair it.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:13 AM

hey guys i had the same problem but on the drivers side, after heavy rain the left side of the carpet gets wet but my driveway is also at a decline. The dealer said its from a wire loom that runs thru the firewall water drips down the inside of the wire loom and onto the carpet but after they claim to have fixed the problem it still happened so maybee there full of it!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:01 PM

yes and no

Originally Posted by masterchief1112
if its comin from under the dash it has to be the gasket under the cowl cover. if it is make sure they replace it not just repair it.
08 does not have the thing under the cowl. my 08 driver side front and rear floorboards stay damp. it does not have the thing in the cowl area. if it is the cowl area thing i think the passengers side gets wet and the cabin filter may also get wet. no matter what it is the dealer should fix no matter how many miles , be nice about it , and give a big appology , also give new carpet , not just dry out the old moldy stuff. this is a health issue.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:12 PM

2006 HHR Water on the right hand floor

This is my first post here. After reading about 60 or so pages of water leak threads, I have found the responses here on this forum to be of utmost value and commend everyones responses. I have water dripping from the A/C box onto my floor mat and did not notice it until the water began to stand within the foot well. I looked at the cowling under the wipers and noticed the membrane was funneling water from the outside(much like many here have) I repaired the leak as per Snoopy's fix and it did not help. The water only runs out when the A/C is on high (thats all it will work on) and it appears the drain plug for the A/C is not plugged. I am in attempts now of trying to find out where the cabin fresh air filter is but can not. I also saw the TSB for condensation and am efforting that fix as well. Wish me luck.

If anyone can tell me where the fresh air filter is I would appreciate it. OBD.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM

this may be total off base, but I use to have a 03 Lancer, sorta like OBD123 said, after rain water would leak from the AC box in the car under the glovebox area, for some reason something would plug up the A/C tube that lets the water out near the firewall, I would have to get like a long nail and poke in it and water would come pouring out, sounds kinda similar but just a thought
Old 07-24-2009, 04:23 PM

My truck rear sliding window is now leaking...but I think that's completely different than this....

Quick Reply: Water on the Floor !!!!!!!