Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Water leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:19 AM

My leak was coming from the "C" piller on the passanger side. I han not nitice that the rear floor mat was also wet under it. I will pick mine up today. They removed the passanger front seat and headliner and other panels. when I pick it up I will have them shoe me where the water was coming in from so I can relay the info on to other HHR owners. Mine never got that bad, but it doesn't really rain in southern Calif. I hope they give you new carpet.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:37 AM

The water was coming in from under the p/s rear door body weatherstrip. When you open the door the weatherstrip is on the body at the top of the opening. They snap into holes in the body, so they sealed the hole.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:33 PM

My Old car when I had the windshield replaced, whenever it rained water would leak in. prehaps they did not install it properly?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIHHR
My Old car when I had the windshield replaced, whenever it rained water would leak in. prehaps they did not install it properly?
Did you leave window open a gap while it was curing?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:51 PM

No leaks here, and I've had mine since Sept. But, man, that is terrible . You would think that they could find a leak that bad. Definately take it back in! I will send good thoughts your way that they will find THE leak this time.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:22 PM

Mine hasn't been out in the rain yet so I don't know about any leaks. Many years ago one of my friends had a keak that would puddle in his RF floorboard. after many trips into the dealership and the replacement of seals, holes pluged in the floorboard and tons of other crap they finally found an area where two parts come together in the cowl area where the factory didn't seal it properly. It was supposed to be sealed with RTV but it looked like the robot must have run out or something cause it was only partially sealed. It took them a long time to locate it because it would only leak during rain, but would never leak no matter how much water we dumped on the car with or without pressure. very odd. Good luck with your leak.

Last edited by dan-d; 04-07-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:06 PM

Mine hasn't ben out in the rain yet so I don't know about any leaks. Many years ago one of my friends had a keak that would puddle in his RF floorboard. after many trips into the dealership and the replacement of seals, holes pluged in the floorboard and tons of other crap they finally found an area where two parts come together in the cowl area where the factory didn't seal it properly. It was supposed to be sealed with RTV but it looked like the robot must have run out or something cause it was only partially sealed. It took them a long time to locate it because it would only leak during rain, but would never leak no matter how much water we dumped on the car with or without pressure. very odd. Good luck with your leak.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:38 PM

No leaks here and we have had a lot of rain the last week. Man that is a lot of water in your car, I would not at all be happy. Good luck getting it resolved!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:07 AM

I just saw them pics when I was looking through the gallery. That SUCKS. That is alot of freaking water too. Sucks man. Just keep taking the thing back in.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:05 PM

Mine did this a few weeks ago, but I couldnt nail down the source, nor reproduce it. Even when washing, no issues. Mine seemed to be a leak in the firewall area, but until it reappears, not much that can be done.

Quick Reply: Water leaks?