Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/)
-   -   Water leaks? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/water-leaks-770/)

Oldblue 12-25-2016 09:32 AM

Wire harness boot dislodged and leaking?

GN1220 07-23-2017 11:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So my leak reared it's ugly head again today after a downpour last night. Went out to discover water in the passenger front and rear floors. Vacuumed it all out, twice, and opened the windows to let it dry. I replaced the patch over the cowl panel a week or so back and thought that was it again so I pulled the cabin filter and it was dry. I blew air through the pass. drain hole and none came out in the door jamb! Then I pulled the side panel on the dash and could feel air coming out and further digging revealed a cracked drain tube. Headed to the parts store for some rubber line and hopefully this fixes it. Also note, after I cut the cracked area out I blew air through the line and it blew a lot of crap out. I think it was clogged but not anymore! Thanks for all of the assistance guys. I've been reading page after page and all of that info helped a lot. Hopefully my little contribution will aid someone else.:smile:

donbrew 07-23-2017 01:22 PM

The clog caused a backup of water, the water froze last winter and cracked the tube.

GN1220 07-23-2017 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 827386)
The clog caused a backup of water, the water froze last winter and cracked the tube.

I would imagine that's what happened and I hope it was last winter. I just got the car and don't want to be replacing rusty floor pans. The other side was clear as a bell.:thumb:

Zuz 07-29-2017 01:18 PM

Thanks and looking for tutorial links?

Wow, would like to thank every member on here that has posted their issues on the water leak, having the passenger side soaked after the rain has just started to happen with my 2006, going to replace/fix the butyl patch, as it is warped, but if this is not the problem, and it is one of the other issues, is there a tutorial on how to fix the drain pipe or the A pillar? Not finding it on my own would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction, thanks!

RJ_RS_SS_350 07-29-2017 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zuz (Post 827800)
Wow, would like to thank every member on here that has posted their issues on the water leak, having the passenger side soaked after the rain has just started to happen with my 2006, going to replace/fix the butyl patch, as it is warped, but if this is not the problem, and it is one of the other issues, is there a tutorial on how to fix the drain pipe or the A pillar? Not finding it on my own would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right direction, thanks!

Hi Zuz, :welcomewagon: to the forums!!

This thread may be of some help to you.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...f-drain-37865/

GN1220 07-29-2017 06:00 PM

I started by pulling the A pillar trim (that's the one next to the windshield) and used my compressor to blow air through the drain hole in the sun roof. I heard air blowing out behind the dash and pulled the plastic end cover off of the dash and there it was. I cut the tube on the A pillar where it was easy to get to and inside the end of the dash. Some new vacuum line on one end then cut it to length and stuck on the other end. Blew air through the line before that and all kinds of mud blew out before it finally opened up. We had about 8" of rain earlier in the week and no leaks.
So now I have the seats out and the carpet pulled back with a dehumidifier running to try to dry out the sponge like backing on the carpet. NO amount of vacuuming will get that dry.

donbrew 07-29-2017 08:48 PM

Only 3 more to clean!

GN1220 07-30-2017 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 827829)
Only 3 more to clean!

Drains? I already did the other front and it was clear. I'll check the rears today. The worst part was removing half of the interior panels just to get that silly bar off that the fronts seats bolt to just so I could pull the carpet back.

firemangeorge 07-30-2017 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a refresher pic. Duplicate drains on the drivers side aren't shown in this picture.
Attachment 45300