Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Old white Jettas are only fast in the movies, kid.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:07 AM

Old white Jettas are only fast in the movies, kid.

I had to do something for work at 2:30 this morning, finished about four, and was cruising home on the intersta... road course with a hatch full of tools and equipment when a white Jetta came blazing by. I was already doing 80, so he was moving. It was just too good to be true. Minus all of the excesses, it was identical to the one in the first F&F movie. Naturally, I couldn't resist. I never downshifted, I just pressed the pedal to the floormat. He saw me coming and accellerated more, but I caught up quickly, then paused just long enough to wave as I flew by.

Looks like Johnny Tran is driving a BFM HHR SS these days.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:38 AM

I can't believe that street racing posts are still tolerated by the mods. Most other car forums I have been on ban street racing threads. It almost puts the forum in a position of implicitly supporting street racing if such threads are allowed. Bizarre.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:46 AM

im not saying this forum supports street racing or anything but if a forum on the internet does let ppl talk about it that dont mean im ganna go do it, ppl makes these posts after they made the choise to do it and im sure "im gonna race this guy so i can talk about it on the internet" wasnt on thier mind maybe thats just me though
Old 09-27-2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Most other car forums I have been on ban street racing threads. It almost puts the forum in a position of implicitly supporting street racing if such threads are allowed. Bizarre.
LOL! If that were the case, Youtube and Streetfire would have been facing litigation a very long time ago. Go look up some videos. They're all over the place. It's quite "bizarre" to me that there are people on this forum who make so much noise about it. Of the 10+ forums that I am a member of, this is the only one where people complain.

There are posts all over this board about people putting illegal blue dots in their tail lights, doing illegal HID conversions, installing sound systems that they regularly use to disturb the peace and that's all okay, yet somehow this ends up as the pet project for all of you guys who are afraid to push the gas pedal. Please go watch another sensationalized news story about the dangerous street racing underground while you continue to talk on your cell phone while you drive. Then tell me which one causes more accidents.

Besides, I was on the road course.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by AaronSS
Please go watch another sensationalized news story about the dangerous street racing underground while you continue to talk on your cell phone while you drive. Then tell me which one causes more accidents.

Besides, I was on the road course.
lol.... Just keep it safe my friend
Old 09-27-2008, 12:19 PM

Umm Johnny Tran died.

My brother died because of a woman on a cell phone, but I still consider street racing to be more dangerous and stupid.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:55 PM

I enjoy the stories. More please.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:42 AM

i see nothing wrong with it. it's at your own risk. the only thing i request is be smart about it. use common sense and be safe.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
i see nothing wrong with it. it's at your own risk. the only thing i request is be smart about it. use common sense and be safe.
And anyone else who is around, including innocent people. You are trusting that the guy racing you can drive. I wonder why they have a divider wall at the track and why they constantly check to make sure there is absolutely nothing on the track. Ever see anyone check the road before they street race?
Old 10-05-2008, 06:54 PM

this site is starting to get tiring, waaaaay too much whining about what every one else does with THEIR car, or says, ALL of the time....ssdd. by the way, flame on I couldn't care less

Quick Reply: Old white Jettas are only fast in the movies, kid.