Racing Discussion Race Track Victories - DRIVE RESPONSIBLY

Worked over a 2010 eclipse gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 10:15 PM

Worked over a 2010 eclipse gt

So yesterday me and the wife are heading back from a local car show on the highway. I notice a new eclipse gt with 2 20ish year old dudes in it trying to catch up to me. So I slow down and let them get even, downshift and get on it a little, then slow back down ( I could see the driver laughing with his friend). Well the eclipse goes wot and tries to fly past me, but I down shift again, stomp the gas to stay even with the guy. Now we are rolling dead even, hes wot and I look over at them wave goodbye and stomp the gas. I then proceed to pull away from the car till about 4 cars (rather fast) lengths, slow back down and they pull up next to me where the passenger has his window down, leans out the window, giving 2 huge thumbs up and yells, "your ride is F'n tight!"

Got to make the young whipper snappers give some respect

Easy kill without even trying much.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 AM
Platinum Member

Old 06-22-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
So yesterday me and the wife are heading back from a local car show on the highway. I notice a new eclipse gt with 2 20ish year old dudes in it trying to catch up to me. So I slow down and let them get even, downshift and get on it a little, then slow back down ( I could see the driver laughing with his friend). Well the eclipse goes wot and tries to fly past me, but I down shift again, stomp the gas to stay even with the guy. Now we are rolling dead even, hes wot and I look over at them wave goodbye and stomp the gas. I then proceed to pull away from the car till about 4 cars (rather fast) lengths, slow back down and they pull up next to me where the passenger has his window down, leans out the window, giving 2 huge thumbs up and yells, "your ride is F'n tight!"

Got to make the young whipper snappers give some respect

Easy kill without even trying much.
only time people want to try me is when i'm on my bike or my extreme blazer. no one wants to give me a run,i guess they think it's a regular hhr...
Old 06-22-2010, 10:05 AM

Glad no one got hurt -- but glad they at least were cool enough to give ya'll props!

@
Old 06-22-2010, 11:18 AM

Ricer kids are funny.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by afs9
Glad no one got hurt -- but glad they at least were cool enough to give ya'll props!

@
lol, the highways here don't have heavy traffic. I've been to Cali (San Diego) before, your highways are like our local interstate as far as traffic goes. Oh and our roads are as smooth as butter down here, in the city, highway and interstate. A lowrider paradise (I use to own one of those too when I was younger) But don't ever drive through St. Louis in one unless you want to replace teeth.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:52 AM

Congrats on the kill!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:00 AM

Awesome kill
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Haha, same kill happened with me about a month ago. I love our SS's
Old 02-04-2011, 03:48 PM

It should have been a "Bird nest on the ground". The Misi Eclipse GT V6 is 265H.P., but is heavier to boot. A stone stock HHR-SS should'nt have a problem with one, and a tuned SS would spank it good.
I know around here locally, my SS is getting a lot of respect. Word is out "don't mess with the tricked out, Black SS with the Red rims, with the old guy driving". It will spank you.
Now, have to share this wid ja. Yesterday, a old friend on mine[ex race car guy] were going to San Jose, for parts on his new bike build. I let him drive.
After a couple of romps on the throttle, Dave was grinning from ear to ear, and said " Sweet Jesus, I thought you were pulling my leg about this thing being quick, but it's the real deal". On the ouskirts of San Jose, in a industral area, we just happened to pull up next to a tricked of Subaru WRX, and a young guy. He looks over at the two old guys in my SS, and smiles, and shrugs his shoulders. Dave looks over a me, and said "Lets see if we can wipe than smile off his face" I said "You're driving Pal, go for it" as I reach up turning the TC off, and said "don't brake stand it, just nail it and don't lift".
Light turns green, and Dave gets a good hook, with a little wheelspin, and we are even through low gear. Second gear on, we slowly pull away, up to just over a hun, then Dave backs out of it, and we slow to legal. Guy pulls up along side, shakes his head, then gives us thumbs up. Dave says "Smiles gone now" "Think he's impressed" "I know I am". For a 4 cylinder, this thing hauls the mail"
Now, Dave says he's seriously thinking about a SS, especially after later doing a couple of "Sweet" hard corners. "Moon"

Quick Reply: Worked over a 2010 eclipse gt