Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Site Development, Help and Announcements (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/)
-   -   Change in New Post list (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/change-new-post-list-50761/)

Snoopy 06-07-2014 05:35 PM

Change in New Post list

I would have posted this in Firemangeorge's thread regarding essentially the same topic but it disappeared and that is what my question is regarding.

I also noticed when you click on New Posts, read the content of the items of interest (and not post to the thread) the thread disappears completely. A new screen only lisst the threads you have not read. Makes it hard to post to a reviewed thread after you have "second thoughts".....it's gone.......only displaying threads not read. Some are from 2 -3 days ago or more.

Why is this happening......not displaying the new threads just the ones you have not read???

Snoopy 06-07-2014 05:52 PM

Additionally, I found that if there are no new posts a message box appears in a new screen indicating No NEW Posts when clicking on, Ne Posts. If you want to view the current posts, today for example, you need to click on the, "Here" button. That will return the most current posts.

Frankly, not a good system...IMO.

07azhhr 06-07-2014 07:00 PM

Until Mike can see about changing this, use the back button on your browser.

843de 06-07-2014 10:11 PM

My plan was to spend today relaxing and tinkering with the forum behind the scenes. But that all changed when my wife woke me up with "Sweetie, why don't we have hot water?".:duh:

So I haven't forgotten, and I'll be working with our owners to move a "New Posts" or "Recent Threads" tab into a prominent position on the toolbar at the top of the page. So no more hunting on a drop down menu.

In the meantime, many thanks to my old High School buddy Tim who dropped everything to help me play plumber today.:thumb:

07azhhr 06-07-2014 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 749473)

So I haven't forgotten, and I'll be working with our owners to move a "New Posts" or "Recent Threads" tab into a prominent position on the toolbar at the top of the page. So no more hunting on a drop down menu.

I started to mention this but did not want to speak to soon. :thumb:

Sorry to hear you had to deal with a water heater issue.

07azhhr 06-07-2014 11:23 PM

Oh and Mike, the "Today's posts" was the better of the three options IMHO.

843de 06-07-2014 11:28 PM

I've had better Saturdays, but I feel worse for Tim, he had to tell Mrs. Tim #3 and kids 2-6 that he was bailing on their day of "fun".

That's why his payment was a bottle of scotch, he's gonna need it.

The changes to the toolbar should be done this coming week. Our fridge, oven, dishwasher, HVAC, freezer, and water heater are now all new. So unless the condo falls down this week, I'll have plenty of forum tinkering time. Fingers crossed.

I'm leaning towards "Today's Posts" too.

07azhhr 06-08-2014 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 749481)
I've had better Saturdays, but I feel worse for Tim, he had to tell Mrs. Tim #3 and kids 2-6 that he was bailing on their day of "fun".

That's why his payment was a bottle of scotch, he's gonna need it.

The changes to the toolbar should be done this coming week. Our fridge, oven, dishwasher, HVAC, freezer, and water heater are now all new. So unless the condo falls down this week, I'll have plenty of forum tinkering time. Fingers crossed.

I'm leaning towards "Today's Posts" too.

Careful, don't jinx yourself.

Blue_SS 06-08-2014 08:53 AM

If I had a vote, I would like to vote for something like "new posts since your last visit", since I don't always make it here daily, but like to be able to sift through what's been happening. If I miss 3-4 days, this will still get me caught up, you know? But, hey, whatever is most feasible will probably work as well. I just might miss stuff.

Oldblue 06-11-2014 02:39 PM

Strange set up for the new posts, I'm lost and now have to sift thru 4 or 5 pages to find anything .