Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Site Development, Help and Announcements (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/)
-   -   Change in New Post list (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/site-development-help-announcements-18/change-new-post-list-50761/)

donbrew 06-11-2014 03:08 PM

Have you tried the RSS feed? It shows up like the "my post", bit basically is "todays posts".

07azhhr 06-11-2014 04:08 PM

What is the RSS feed?

donbrew 06-11-2014 05:40 PM

That "snow angel" icon on the title bar.

07azhhr 06-11-2014 10:16 PM

I used it but it only showed 4 threads. They were random ones from the new posts list but not even the top 4. They were one that I had posted in before so that thing would not help with the disappearing threads issue that Snoopy is refering to.

843de 06-11-2014 10:36 PM

The e-mail has gone out to Los Angeles requesting the changes be approved and instituted, just waiting on their reply folks.

Sometimes we get things tweaked right away, sometimes there's a wait, this is one of those "gotta wait a bit deals".

07azhhr 06-12-2014 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by 843de (Post 749796)
The e-mail has gone out to Los Angeles requesting the changes be approved and instituted, just waiting on their reply folks.

Sometimes we get things tweaked right away, sometimes there's a wait, this is one of those "gotta wait a bit deals".

I, myself, know you are working on it and hope that the others know too. Keep up the good work Mike.

As for the stuff above, Don was trying to help by giving a suggestion on something we might be able to utilize in the mean time. Unforetuneately it did not seem to accomplish that, for me anyways. So I was just trying to let Don know what I found by trying it out.

I did forget to say thank you to Don for providing something to try.

donbrew 06-12-2014 07:29 AM

That is strange. On my computer I get a constantly updating list of threads covering an entire page. The top one is the most recent change. I was not really suggesting it would help, just suggesting a try as I only noticed it recently. Some people can relate to constantly feeding data, not me.

Oldblue 06-12-2014 09:09 AM

Thanks for the RSS thingy but it didn't work, but that's how we learn and get the site tweaked, Thanks Don, and Mike for the update for what's going on!!

07azhhr 06-12-2014 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 749805)
That is strange. On my computer I get a constantly updating list of threads covering an entire page. The top one is the most recent change. I was not really suggesting it would help, just suggesting a try as I only noticed it recently. Some people can relate to constantly feeding data, not me.

You post in most threads so I would not be surprised that your list is larger. I am thinking that you have posted in every thread that shows in your list.

donbrew 06-12-2014 03:59 PM

I just checked the several top threads are "Donbrew free". Maybe mods get a different feed.