Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Important Site Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Founding Member

Important Site Announcement

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

As most of our longtime members know, I started this site in the fall of 2005 in anticipation of the exciting new 2006 Chevy HHR that was unlike anything else on the market. As an avid car enthusiast, this vehicle has immediately captured my interest. With all the free time I had being in college, I started this site to have a place to chat about this exciting new vehicle. The site quickly grew into a close knit community and ultimately into the premiere resource for the Chevy HHRs thanks to our awesome members, administrators, moderatos and vendors. Since I graduated college, I started a demanding career, got married and started a family. My life has drastically changed and over the past few years, I had less and less time to dedicate to this site’s support and maintenance. This very much saddens me because I worked very hard in getting this site off the ground back in the first couple of years. My administrators have asked me for change. They need more technical support, site updates and everything else that goes along with running a site such as this one. A while ago I realized that simply there aren't enough hours in a day for me to do this and thus I reached out to someone I knew would take very good care of this community!

So I am already feeling long winded but the purpose of my post today is to reveal a very important site announcement:
I am very excited to announce that the site has been acquired by Internet Brands!

Effective immediately, Internet Brands will take over the site, servers, forums, advertising and all related matters. I will help transition the site over to Internet Brands and following the transition I will remain on as the Site Founder. For those of you that don’t know Internet Brands also owns vBulletin, the software ChevyHHR.net runs on. Along with all of that knowledge and expertise, comes their experience with running over 120 different automotive forums. This also means they’re really good at addressing the issues that come up from time to time. Another main reason I decided to hand over the reigns to Internet Brands, is the fact that each of their forums is nothing like the next. They have made a very strong commitment to maintaining the integrity and identity of the communities they acquire. They don’t make drastic changes and they have assured me that they don’t have any intent of changing the make-up of the site. This means no staff and no vendor changes if possible.

Internet Brands has a great deal of experience working with teams of site administrators and moderators, and they recognize that these long time administrators and moderators are essential to community. As such, you shouldn’t expect major staff changes moving forward. It will still be the same team of administrators and moderators that you’re used to. Internet Brands does have full time community mangers that ensure things are going well; feel free to approach them directly if you have issues to discuss. They will be joining the site shortly and will introduce themselves.

Robb M from Internet Brands is going to be my counterpart in transition. He’s a talented and experienced professional who gets things done quickly. He will be posting here shortly, please welcome him and feel free to reach out to him with any questions or concerns. He is very approachable and easy going.

In conclusion, today’s announcement means that this community will thrive and prosper for years to come. Internet Brands will provide world class business and technical support. As a member here, will get fast email and PM responses from the site operators, the site will get updated frequently, perform better, and get some really exciting new features.

Coincidence, but with a New Year, and virtually unlimited resources from Internet Brands, the site will get an exciting new beginning.

Thank you all for your support and dedication over the years. I have no doubt that the site will only get better from here on. Happy New Beginning!

JonyyB

Last edited by Robb M.; 01-08-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Founding Member

Here we go. Thanks JonyyB for seeing the need for this change.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Premium Member

cool! hopefully everything goes smoothly
Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Founding Member

Updates, updates, updates to the behind the scenes of the site! Yeahhhhhhh!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 PM

Thats great news , Congrats on the family obligations , Thats what it's all about .

Does that mean i should be looking for a decal in the mail soon . LOL !
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Premium Member

I got your decal Batman.........
Old 01-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Platinum Member

Well Obama said there would be change......... oh wait a minute. That's another forum I belong to.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM

This should be exciting change going forward for everyone on this site. Our forum has tons of great people willing to help each other out with things. Happy New Year everyone!!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:28 PM

Thank you for all that you have done for us bro. Much love from Cali

Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

JonyyB.....

Not "slamming" you BUT, I think that is the most you have written in all the time you owned this site.

Thanks anyhow for what you provided.

Quick Reply: Important Site Announcement