Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

New Server!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 PM

If memory serves, when Jonyy first upgraded, it was a lil buggy. Since it came back up, I have to log in, then do the same as the rest of yous to see recent threads. Im used to it now. Weird though, at work, same 'puter set up. I dont have to log in? Como La Chingas?
Old 05-08-2008, 11:39 PM

Okay at home everything is great!!!! Now at work when I log in it doesn't seen to get it, it wont let me log in just says thank you for logging in but then I'm not really logged in at all. I don't know if it has anything to do with the firewall at work (county schools can't let the kids get on the web to far and all) so maybe thats it
Old 05-09-2008, 08:19 AM

I don't have any firewall issues. My login issues are w/IE7 @ home on the desktop & IE6 @ work. Yet no problems if I use the firefox portable on the work deskto or if I use my PDA connected via BT to my cell or on the home network.

Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record...but this is starting to get really irritating to the point of dropping off this forum all together. Rather than using Firefox exclusively at work or at home, or viewing and touch typing on a small PDA screen..I would prefer viewing the forum at home which I can't do because of these frakking (I'm a battlestart galactica fan)problems.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:13 AM

When are all the bugs going to be worked out? My fingers are bleeding from having to constantly sign in!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Founding Member

I am running IE7 and I find that only if I clear my cache do I have the multiple log-in problems. Once I have logged in on the home page and the go to at least one other area, new posts/my posts/gallery etc. and log-in there, I don't have the log-in issue any more. So it seems to be the clearing of the cache (history, cookies and files) is where the problem lies.

But logging in two times really doesn't bother me since it never re-occurs until I clear the cache again.

****I just thought of something else I am doing that may be different. Like I said log-in to the home page then I pick a thread from the "Recent Threads" list. Doesn't matter which one you choose just choose one. From there I go to either "New Posts" or "My Posts", the system will ask me to log-in again. After that log-in I pick a post to view, then I never have to log-in again until I clear my cache. Hope this helps!

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 05-09-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added the ****
Old 05-09-2008, 12:29 PM

Okay I got log in at work today it only took about 6 times!
Old 05-10-2008, 01:26 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
****I just thought of something else I am doing that may be different. Like I said log-in to the home page then I pick a thread from the "Recent Threads" list. Doesn't matter which one you choose just choose one. From there I go to either "New Posts" or "My Posts", the system will ask me to log-in again. After that log-in I pick a post to view, then I never have to log-in again until I clear my cache. Hope this helps!
This is the easiest and fastest way I have found as well. And I am all about short cuts when it comes to mouse/keypad usage.

Maybe it's Sindy's little bug in her avatar running around. After all, does anyone know where it's going when it's not on the screen?
Old 05-10-2008, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
This is the easiest and fastest way I have found as well. And I am all about short cuts when it comes to mouse/keypad usage.

Maybe it's Sindy's little bug in her avatar running around. After all, does anyone know where it's going when it's not on the screen?
I'm pretty sure this is how I ended up getting logged in at work.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Como La Chingas?
sí sí amigo