Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Site Rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Exclamation Site Rules

Do you know them? Or just not care? Be respectful and help the mods by following them:

Our goal is to provide a friendly atmosphere for all. The rules and guidelines below are established to help us meet our goal. If you feel that certain remarks or links are inappropriate please use the Report to Moderator icon so that it can be evaluated. If you cannot follow these rules, do not use this website.

No flaming or trolling - Be respectful of other posters and please keep discussions tasteful. Do not make posts that incite arguments, or any post that turns to arguments and flame wars (ie: religion, abortion, racism, illegal conduct, and so on). Posts of this nature will not be tolerated and can result in the immediate closing, deletion, or editing of the post and the suspension of the posting member's account.

Conflicts – All conflicts should be resolved in private via PM, email, or IM. Do not drag your personal conflicts on the forums. Do not make prejudicial or hateful remarks, threats of physical or other harm, threats concerning personal data, or objectionable language.

Profanity - No excessive or continual use of profanity or vulgarities. Do not use profanity in the subject of your thread.

Signatures - should not be bigger than 500x100 and 100kb. Also, sigs should not exceed 7 lines if no picture is used. If a picture is used, please limit the text lines to 4. One "userbar" counts as one line. We don’t mean to be anal about sigs, but many users have slow internet connection and large signatures take a long time to load. If you have a big sig, and post multiple times in one thread, some members may not be able to load and read that page.

No Spamming - No spam in PM's, emails, or signatures. It's OK to have a link back to your personal webpage in your signature but any off-topic spam will be deleted. That includes "helping people" by advertising your site/forums to them or soliciting other members. While these forums are free for you to use they cost money to run.

No free advertisements - If you are the owner or employee of a company, don't mention it, or put links and phone numbers in posts or signatures. Only Supporting Vendors can use links and numbers in signatures and posts.
If you are developing a product, you may talk about it until you have it ready and/or you are taking orders for the product. At that point you must become a Supporting Vendor to be able to promote your products.

Buying and Selling – Private party member sellers may offer to sell individual items. No person, company, or business of any size shell attempt to sell merchandise, products, or services of any retail nature, or to make a profit of any kind. Anyone attempting to sell multiple quantities of items or in a retail/profit nature without being a Supporting Vendor of this site will be in violation of this site's rules and Terms of Use.

Posting in Classifieds - Poster must be the one offering the item(s). No third party sales. Posting to give someone a hard time because their price is too high, or to take the thread off topic, is not permitted.

Buyer Beware - Buying, selling, and trading has inherent risks. All buying, selling, and trading on this forum is conducted at the member's own risk. ChevyHHR.net bears no responsibility for any dealings undertaken among its members. We cannot guarantee the ability of any seller to complete any transaction, not guarantee the quality of any items sold by any seller. It is strongly recommended that you use C.O.D. or an online escrow service. Always use common sense and do research on the product and the seller before making any deal.

Donations - Posts asking for donations due to financial hardship or any other reason are not permitted under any circumstances.

Picture Size in Posts - If you are using the [img] tags, please make sure your pictures are not bigger then 640x480. If your pictures are larger then that, please resize them or if you can’t, just post a link. Many people are using dialup. Be respectful.

Please post in appropriate sections and stay on topic.

Tech Sections - The 2.0L 2.2L and 2.4L Tech sections of the forums are for anything relating to the performance aspect of these engines. Do not post anything that is not performance related in these sections.

Do not bash our Supporting Vendors. They help us keep the site running!

Illegal software or content - Do not link illegal software or content. These will be deleted.

No nudes pictures - All posted or linked pics must be PG-13 or lower. Moderators have the right to judge what is not appropriate.

No double posting - Post to the correct forum! We will delete all double posts.

Multiple Accounts - Multiple user accounts for a single person are not allowed for any reason.

Quoting Images - Please do not quote pictures unless it is necessary.

Locked or Deleted Posts - When a post is locked or deleted, it is for a reason. Do not make another post in continuation of the locked or deleted posts or your account is subject to being suspended. Do not make a new post demanding explanation of why a post was locked or deleted. If you would like explanation of a closed or deleted post, respectfully e-mail the moderators.

Banned Users – When a user is banned, it is for a reason. Do not make posts asking why a member was banned. If you would like to know why someone was banned, respectfully e-mail the moderators. If you are banned for any period of time, do not register with another username to make a point. If you do, we will permanently deny you access to this website. Do not make “I’m back” posts after your ban is lifted. Doing so will result in another ban or permanent suspension of your account.

ChevyHHR.net reserves the right to edit the site rules at any time, without notification.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Besides the above mentioned rules there also rules pertaining to certain forums that can be found below the header for that particular forum.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:34 AM

This should be made a sticky!

Thanks Dayton!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Banned

Read a second time. Thanks Dayton.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:42 AM

From new people its understandable. From members that have been around awhile it is aggrevating (especially to moderators). Most abused rules:

Staying on topic
Posting in appropriate Forum
Oversized Pics
Posting in Classifieds when there is no intent to buy
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM

Not that anyone cares but bump
Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Not that anyone cares but bump
I been enjoying this forum for 16 months, gotten a lot of info for my HHR. Enjoy reading about ya'll and your rides. But I have not figured out the "bump", What does that mean? I have seen some post that just say "bump".
Old 04-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by wouldy
I been enjoying this forum for 16 months, gotten a lot of info for my HHR. Enjoy reading about ya'll and your rides. But I have not figured out the "bump", What does that mean? I have seen some post that just say "bump".
Basically just bringing the thread back up
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
I know the picture one... you made sure I knew about it.....Thanks Hillsdale
Nothing personal. Just doing my job at the time
Old 04-25-2011, 07:46 PM

I aint mad at you......Hell I laughed at you when you did it....

Last edited by gcsd3742; 04-25-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Fixed and erased a personal ? so Hillsdale wont get upset....

Quick Reply: Site Rules