Site Development, Help and Announcements Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: Street Racing Discussion
Do not allow Illegal Street Racing Discussion or Videos of Illegal Street Racing
35.42%
Allow Illegal Street Racing Discussion but do not allow Videos of Illegal Street Racing
12.50%
Allow Illegal Street Racing Discussion and Videos of Illegal Street Racing
52.08%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Your Opportunity to Help Maintain/Change a Site Rule!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:21 PM

Exclamation Your Opportunity to Help Maintain/Change a Site Rule!

As moderators we are constantly bombarded by both sides on the issue of posts made about Street Racing. After much discussion in admin the site adminstrator has deemed to allow the members of this site to make the decision. The poll will be up for 3 months at which point the decision will be made.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Founding Member

Perfect!
I really want to see what the members choose so we can properly address this.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Founding Member

I think the options selections should have illegal and or illegal in there.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:10 PM

Wow lol, How about make a section for Illegal racing and then if you do not prefer to hear about then don't go into the thread. Its so simple kind of like watching tv, If a movie is on about some thing you don't like, you don't turn it on why cant the same thing go for here just don't read it or respond to it. It seriously isn't that hard to do. PLus what deems as it beiing illegal any way? You don't know where its being filmed it could be on the autobahn or a closed street there are so many different possibilities. I do not promote doing illegal street racing, it is very dangerous for you and others around you, but there are responsible ways of doing it. like I said if you just cant bare to let your eyes read or watch some illegal racing then simply DO NOT CLICK THE THREAD!!!. If you could do this then there would be no debates on it. And if someone goes into the the thread and starts flaming the person about "how street racing is dumb blah blah blah" then they should get an infraction.
Like I said I do not promote street racing and I do not do it, really cuz my car is slow and I have kids with me most of the time. But people are going to continue to do it and its fun to watch, especially when its a HHR smoking a mustang or something you would never think of seeing. ok sorry for the rant I feel better now , with that said I will still come to hhr.net everyday no matter what.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:21 PM

This happened today, an 18 year old and his 17 year old buddy.

No street racing threads please.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 PM

Ill bet more accidents happen from idiot drivers on the roads then there are street racing. Jeez i can post some phenomenal pictures of accidents by jus driving down the freeway doing 65 mph and not racing what so ever. I mean posting pics really doesn't prove anything cuz accidents happen. How bout everyone just stops driving cuz it is the most dangerous death statistic out there. My mom was killed in a car accident and she was not street racing she was jus driving home from work and made a bad judgment call on a dangerous rd. Should we stop making threads about how wonderful the Sunday drive was because there was a 50 percent chance of being involved in a accident? please don't take this as fight im just enjoying some friendly debate, when this thread gets locked or whatever ill still be cool with whoever disagrees with me.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:14 PM

only 32 votes ??????????
Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Founding Member

38 votes as of today. Is this a non issue with members?
Old 04-16-2009, 08:37 PM

Didn't see this thread until today...
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM

next it will be politically correct discussions with no talk of any religions creeds nationalities or whatever..This is how t starts folks..censor this then, why not that and then that too....everybody has dislikes..gee if every dislike was censored there'd be nothing left to read , say, or do! This is why young children cannot pledge to the allegiance anymore,,because one person didn't like it.......................its all about choice,you can choose to read or not to..if you CHOOSE to then you have no reason to complain, especially if the headline tellls you what your about to view/read/hear or otherwise. People are right when they say the good old days were better,,we had common sense back then...and we stayed away from the things that bothered us without making a big scene about it....I like banana's and you like oranges..I'm not giving up my bananas....
PersonLLY It doesn't bother me one way or the other...but once the ball starts rolling, when does it stop.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your Opportunity to Help Maintain/Change a Site Rule!