South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

Central Mid-Atlantic HHR Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:25 PM

Central Mid-Atlantic HHR Meet

Greetings to all! As many of you are aware, I just got back from Bristol, after enjoying a terriffic event at Bristol Motor Speedway. Other than being severely sleep deprived, and a little cashed-out, I thoroughly enjoyed this get together with DylansHHR, YESHUA, and KY Dave. It was nice meeting you all!

Well since there isn't anything going on in my region, I have decided to attempt to organize a get-together for all HHR owners(and prospective owners) in this region(or from other regions, if you feel like driving)!

My thoughts are to organize a meet to take place in the next month or so, and have it in our Nation's Capitol, Washington DC! I figure that this should accomodate the most number of people, and allow for a huge turnout. This may be a drive for some (i.e. Tidewater area folks, and people from far SW Virginia) I think that holding an event here will allow people from NC, CenVA, NoVA, Wash/Bal, MD, DE, and PA to not have to drive so far.

I'm from Richmond, VA so its only a 2 hour drive for me, but understand that I left Richmond Friday at 1am to be in Bristol by 7am Saturday, only to turn around and leave Bristol at 4pm and drive the same six hours back the same night. I am trying to cut down on this kind of driving to accomodate most.

As for hotels, I have good contacts with several good hotels in downtown DC if anyone needs a room. If enough people are going to need(or want) hotel rooms, I can work over the manager(s) and see if they will give us a discounted rate.

I am open to any and all ideas on what kind of event you all would like to have; I am up for anything, but most importantly would like to meet fellow HHR owners in the Mid-Atlantic Region!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:54 PM

This thread is listed in three seperate forums for a reason. I am trying to get the most number of people from the eastern seaboard to come, and since many of us only check our regional forum, and not the other adjacent regions, many might miss the opportunity for a meet.