South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

cfl g2g 9/16

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:04 AM

Dan,

I just might drive on over myself. I can't stay all day, really only a couple of hours but it would be a nice break from all the remodeling I am doing on my mothers house I am getting ready to sell.

TC
Old 09-05-2006, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by TCRNCOB
Dan,

I just might drive on over myself. I can't stay all day, really only a couple of hours but it would be a nice break from all the remodeling I am doing on my mothers house I am getting ready to sell.

TC
nice, looking foward to seeing ya. -Dan
Old 09-06-2006, 09:49 AM

g2g update

Here's the current list of attendees, food, and work to be done.

BTW: We have a Pool so your welcome to go for a swim. -Dan

Attendees:
Dan & Kathy ... LOL
focus825 (Vince)
GonePostal
Amber, Brian and ? Paul
REDFOCZ (Mike)
ExoZX3 (Andre)
Lifeguardjoe and date
Kona (Brian)
Toole (Kevin)
Metal
nick
SilverZXIII
Wizno
Zach & Larissa(sp) (am I right?)
Grrrr (Kevin)
VisualXTacyZX3 (Ted)
gatekeeper ?
heathsS2focus
Likwid (Brent & Andrea)
rejectZX3 (Rob, Christina and Cian)
Panic
03svtrmc
PURO LATINO
Karen1953 (HHR)
Oneton (HHR)
jx3 ? (HHR)
TCRNCOB (HHR)
Omega & son (HHR)
bigred (HHR)
gambler ? (HHR)

Food:
Grill and Gas (dan-d)
dogs and buns (focus825)
burgers and buns (GonePostal)
Pop (Amber and Brian)
Coke and water (REDFOCZ)
beers and salty meat (Andre)
Beer and donation to Andre's salty meat (Kona)
Water and $$$ (Metal)
Cookies and Beer (nick)
Chips (SilverZXIII)
Snacks (Grrrr)
dessert and bread (Heath)
Paper plates and stuff (Brent)
Mountain Dew (Joe)

Work:
brake work (nick) - DONE
suspension, camber bolts (REDFOCZ)
adadiktome work (Kona)...you bastard...LOL
Rear Anti-sway bar (karen1953)
Exhaust (Joe)

Last edited by dan-d; 09-14-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:40 PM

To bad! I will be traveling that weekend as well. I would love to do things like that BUT I too get the same thing, no one wants to meet over here. I used to beep at other HHR's, but now I just keep driving . My kid and I loved beeping and waving to other HHR owners but when youget nothing back but a look like WTF, so why keep doing it. I also thought that maybe I started to soon, only a few people had them then, maybe now it will be different. We have an old butger joint over here and every night they have different cars/bike, and I thought it would be groovy to meet other HHR people there but NOTHING! Well have an great time, maybe next time we could all could meet somewhere more Central.....Good Luck putting it all together!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:10 PM

Thumbs up

unless i have an absolutely terrible day at work, i will be there with my son (6 years old)...
Old 09-07-2006, 09:47 AM

g2g start time

We didn't set a time for this g2g to officially begin so let's say somewhere around 11 to noonish.

This will give those coming plenty of time to get here. You can come out as early as you like. (several people will get here early)

As always, if you have work to be done to your car you can head over as early as you like to get in and out of the shop.

Eat breakfast before coming over because we probably won't fire up the grill until possibly 1 - 2:00 - Dan
Old 09-07-2006, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by omega015
unless i have an absolutely terrible day at work, i will be there with my son (6 years old)...
That's great, my son, his wife, and two kids should also be here. Our grandson is also 6. They can share the pool for a swim.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by teknobunie
To bad! I will be traveling that weekend as well. I would love to do things like that BUT I too get the same thing, no one wants to meet over here. I used to beep at other HHR's, but now I just keep driving . My kid and I loved beeping and waving to other HHR owners but when youget nothing back but a look like WTF, so why keep doing it. I also thought that maybe I started to soon, only a few people had them then, maybe now it will be different. We have an old butger joint over here and every night they have different cars/bike, and I thought it would be groovy to meet other HHR people there but NOTHING! Well have an great time, maybe next time we could all could meet somewhere more Central.....Good Luck putting it all together!
Yeah sometimes these things can be hard to put together, not as hard as something like the Biltmore Bash, but still tough.

We don't do door prizes, plaques, or that sort of thing. We just try to have car crazy people come together to meet one another and put faces to names. We also have the shop where we all pitch in and help each other do work on their rides. Then we eat, share war stories, mingle, then fade out 1 by 1. Those who are more into partying hang around and when all the family types have gone back to their sane home life we, those who remain party. We usually drink a few beers, swim in the pool, and hang out in the shop and talk.....sometimes for hours.

So, if your travels take you anywhere near here. Please feel free to stop in and say HI. -Dan
Old 09-09-2006, 11:22 PM

wife had to work and I had to get her there at 2 so I couldnt make it
Old 09-10-2006, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gambler
wife had to work and I had to get her there at 2 so I couldnt make it
That's OK since the g2g is this coming saturday