South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

Florida g2g info.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:41 AM

Florida g2g info.

I posted earlier that we're hosting a g2g here at my shop and wanted again to extend an invitation to HHR members.

The date is set for May 13th, the g2g starts in the morning and goes as long as there are people here.

These are family events and members bring their kids, and dogs too!!

If you have mods to be done we can usually get them knocked out pretty quickly.

The address is:
2287 Holder Rd.
Mims, FL 32754

We're located about 5 minutes off of the I-95 and SR-46 intersection (exit 223).

I can be reached at: (321) 267-8379

Our gatherings began as a Ford Focus thingy and has grown to many makes and models as members have replaced their Focus with something else (including me).

Hope to see you here. -Dan
Old 05-03-2006, 10:31 AM

Man, I sure would like to go to Florida, Really!

But, we just got back from a long one to TX.

Are you going to have your G2g's every month?
Maybe We could drop down in a couple of months...

Check out the SE regional threads for a g2g at the
Biltmore Estates, NC. in August.

Would love to have ya there!

And I can't wait to meet ya!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by galladanb
Man, I sure would like to go to Florida, Really!

But, we just got back from a long one to TX.

Are you going to have your G2g's every month?
Maybe We could drop down in a couple of months...

Check out the SE regional threads for a g2g at the
Biltmore Estates, NC. in August.

Would love to have ya there!

And I can't wait to meet ya!
We usually have these g2g's 4 or 5 times a year and we do a ton of mods in the shop. We've had as few at 10 cars up to a max of 53 at one time. I'm doing some mods to my HHR this weekend so we're going to have somewhat of a mini g2g this weekend with the regular g2g the weekend after (May 13th). Anytime your in the area (if ever) let me know and we can toss together a quick g2g so you can meet some other Florids car crazies.

I'll check out the SE regional g2g. if all goes well I'd love to attend. -Dan
Old 05-11-2006, 07:37 AM

Hey Dan-D, is this shin-dig still on? I'd be shooting up from Satellite Beach, if that's the case.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tokyo
Hey Dan-D, is this shin-dig still on? I'd be shooting up from Satellite Beach, if that's the case.
Yepper, we're still doing the g2g. Looks like it might be a decent turnout. We're going to deep fry a turky and Andre is cooking up some of his Brazillian steaks. Since this is your first g2g with us don't be too concerned about bringing any thing as far as food goes unless you just want something you really like. You might want to grab some drinks of your liking since it should be pretty hot here. We're only about 5 minutes from a Winn Dixi so lots of folks just run over there to grab things once they get here and assess the situation.

These g2g's are family oriented so bring anyone you like. some folks bring their kids and dogs, significant others, friends, etc.

As far as the times for the g2g there isn't anything specific set. We get started as soon as the first person arrives. We've had the first arrivals as early as 5:00 AM and as late as 9:00 AM or there abouts. Then from there people trickle in most of the day. The g2g ends when the last person leaves, this has been as late as early the next morning to the evening of the next day. So we're flexible. we've even had folks cone out the day before and crash here in the spare room, couch and floor just so they could be here early to get started on their mods.

If you do have any mods to do to your car let me know. We're very mod friendly and we can get-er-done.

For driving directions it's easy for you.

My address is:
2287 Holder Rd.
Mims, FL 32754
321-267-8379

You will just head north on I-95, after you pass Titusville watch for exit 223, it will say Sanford / Mims.

Take this exit and go right (east) on SR-46 (toward Mims). In a coupla blocks you will come to an intersection with a flashing light. Turn right at this intersection.

In a couple blocks you will see a Catholic Church on the left, just past the Church you will see a small two story light blue house up on a hill (also on the left). Just past this house you will see a large black mail box next to a driveway that looks like it goes no where. This is our driveway. Turn left onto this driveway and you will see our place. Come on in and enjoy. -Dan
Old 05-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Deceased

i would have to leave here friday to get there in time
sorry
i need to leave here saturday and i will get there on sunday around 2....
sorry i missed you guys.
I will be at Satellite Beach from the 14th and leave on the 26th.

Tokyo can fill me in
Old 05-11-2006, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by cj krause
i would have to leave here friday to get there in time
sorry
i need to leave here saturday and i will get there on sunday around 2....
sorry i missed you guys.
I will be at Satellite Beach from the 14th and leave on the 26th.

Tokyo can fill me in
Not a problem cj, you'll be here for a little while so we'll probably put something together before you head back home.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:12 PM

I'm working in the morning, (have a few systems and a body kit for an RX-8 on my plate ) But I'm going to try to make it by the early afternoon. What's the name of your shop? Mine's Appearance Plus, sounds like we're in the same line of work!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 PM

My shop doesn't have a name, it's my private shop at my home. We just have g2g's here and do most of the modding here as well. Although it's my own shop it's pretty well equipped as you will see when you get here. I've been a car guy ever since I could walk and just like to build hot rods and now more often than not we do sport compacts. I'ts just always been my life long hobby, although I was a professional mechanic for many years. But I gave that all up and went into management, being a mechanic at work almost destroyed it for me as a hobby. I'll have to check out your shop some day. -Dan

Some of our friends have dubbed my shop "Dawsonsport Garage"...LOL
Old 05-11-2006, 10:36 PM

If I plan to drive down to Florida one day you will be the first place I plan to visit. Your only 1000 miles away. About 16 hours.

Quick Reply: Florida g2g info.